Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Survival Recipes  (Read 63979 times)

Yowbarb

Re: Survival Recipes
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2011, 11:04:58 AM »
Here is a bulk three bean salad. Looks good. Made entirely of canned, jarred long lasting stored ingredients.
Parve, definition after recipe. - YB
Easy Three Bean Salad (Parve)

By Giora Shimoni, About.com Guide

"This Three Bean Salad is the perfect parve picnic salad. It is quick and easy to prepare. It travels well. And it is so tasty that even the kids will ask for more."

Ingredients:
•2 cans green beans
•2 cans yellow beans (wax beans)
•1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
•1 can black olives (without pits)
•1/4 cup canola oil
•1/4 cup vinegar
•1/4 cup sugar

Preparation:

1. Drains the cans of beans and olives. In a salad bowl, toss them together.
2. In a separate small bowl, mix oil, vinegar and sugar.
3. Pour dressing over the vegetables and toss gently.
4. Serve cold.

http://kosherfood.about.com/od/koshersaladrecipes/r/3bean.htm
This salad is Parve. - Yowbarb

Definition: Parve is a Hebrew term (pareve is the Yiddish term) that describes food without any meat or dairy ingredients.

Jewish dietary laws considers pareve food to be neutral; Pareve food can be eaten with both meat and milk dishes.

Fish, eggs, fruits and vegetables are parve.

More Kosher Vocabulary Words: Glossary of Kosher Terms

Pronunciation: PAHR-vuh

errrv

« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2011, 08:44:44 AM »
Cowboy trail beans:

Pot of water
1/2 cup beans per bowl
Salt to taste
Slab of salt pork or bacon bits to taste

My family has been making this since about 1800. Just put everything in a big bean pot. Fill it 1/2 full of water and then add beans to 1/2 the depth of the water. If you use salt pork; you don't need salt. Cook at a boil for 4 hours, checking to make sure water level does not get too low. It is done when beans are tender. Best served with cornbread.

Mmmmmmm!!!!! Cheap & tasty!!!!
Erv

errrv

« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2011, 10:35:38 AM »
You don't need to soak them. No difference whatsoever.

Also, if you want to spice up your food cheap, go to an Indian grocery store ( not American Indian) and spices are about $2 a 14oz bag. Just throw it in some tupperwRe & you are set. The Indian stores have just about everything & you only use about half the normal amount because they are so flavorful!

Bon appetite
Erv

Jimfarmer

« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2011, 01:49:41 PM »
errrv:

"Cowboy trail beans:
Pot of water
1/2 cup beans per bowl
Salt to taste
Slab of salt pork or bacon bits to taste"

You forgot:  a few leaves of sagebrush.  (My Dad's version)

errrv

« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2011, 06:50:12 PM »
Depends on if you are out in the southwest or not. If you are in Oklahoma/Texas/Kansas/Missouri, wild onions & garlic!

Yes sir, beans and salt are just the base... Anything you can add will only improve the mixture. I tinker with all kinds of different ways to fix them, they are a big time staple in our household.

I bought the taco beef TVP & bacon bits to add to my stored beans in case TSHF. Can also make the beans and then add rice for a filler. Depends on how many you are feeding. I'm probably going to start stockpiling wheat & rice soon; for Samaritan stock. I can't see not helping folks during this thing if I have the means now to do something about it.

Semper Fi,
Erv

Yowbarb

« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2011, 02:41:54 AM »
Videos on how to make kimchi etc. (I love kimchi.) There is a Part I and Part II.
- Yowbarb

Nuclear Fallout Approaching?! Make Kimchi, Save Daikon Seeds, and Blanch Napa Cabbage Part 1  11:07

Uploaded by anetprophet on Mar 20, 2011

VIDEO: http://youtu.be/i39uUkatLT4

How to make Kimchi, save your Daikon seeds in the garden, and finally, blanch your Napa Cabbage in the garden.

Ingredients for the Kimchi:
3 medium heads of Napa Cabbage
3-4 cups of Daikon - Cut into matchsticks or grated
2-3 cups of Carrot - Cut into matchsticks or grated
4-5 Garlic cloves - peeled and chopped
3-4 tsp chopped Ginger
1/3 cup Paprika
dried chili pepper to taste
1 small Beet and Beet greens

For the Brine:
1/2 cup of Kosher or Pickling Salt per 2 quarts of water

Thank you for watching. Please subscribe to our channel and rate this video.
-Deeply Rooted Organics

Visit us at:
www.deeplyrootedorganics.com

www.soilcube.com

Nuclear Fallout Approaching?! Make Kimchi, Save Daikon Seeds, and Blanch Napa Cabbage Part 2   9:44

Uploaded by anetprophet on Mar 20, 2011

VIDEO: http://youtu.be/ndxUQW9ySOE

How to make Kimchi, save your Daikon seeds in the garden, and finally, blanch your Napa Cabbage in the garden.

[Recipe and ingredients]
Visit us at:
www.deeplyrootedorganics.com
www.soilcube.com

Jimfarmer

« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2012, 07:33:19 AM »
" 20 Uses for Leftover Fruit and Vegetable Rinds and Peels "  at:

http://www.treehugger.com/green-food/20-uses-leftover-fruit-vegetable-rinds-and-peels.html

steedy

« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2012, 07:59:31 AM »
Last night I watched part of a show about You Don't Know Dixie, and they had some guy on there making moonshine.  I thought about it later and realized that that would be a good thing to have on hand.  With the very high alcohol content, it would be good as an antiseptic cleanser, or overall house cleaner too!  Plus, if you aged it in charred barrels, you get whiskey.  Anyway, I thought having your own still may be a practical thing.  But, how do you make it?

Yowbarb

« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2017, 03:31:52 PM »

....Yes, it's true about the pollution of the waters, as well as aquatic life, but in an emergency, people tend to eat to survive, even if they think there might be mercury in the fish, etc.

In fact, just this morning I was reading in Mike Adam's book, Food Forensics that 90% of the mercury contamination in food is carried out of the body, if strawberries are eaten in the same time period, as strawberries are an excellent heavy metal chelator, especially if the toxic metal is in the digestive tract.  So now I suppose we'd better be drying strawberries as well!

ilinda, wow that is great info to know about the strawberries!

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW