Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Foods, herbs which help with UV and other hazards  (Read 4332 times)

Yowbarb

Foods, herbs which help with UV and other hazards
« on: June 13, 2010, 10:23:48 AM »
Hi All I just found a tidbit of info  - never knew about this.
From Wikipedia,
"There is also evidence that common foods may have some protective ability against sunburn if taken for a period before the exposure.[27] Beta-carotene and lycopene, chemicals found in tomatoes and other fruit, have been found to increase the skin's ability to resist the effects of UV light. In a 2007 study:
After about 10
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 10:30:51 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

Re: Foods, herbs which help with UV and other hazards
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 06:44:14 AM »
PS Tomato based products and dark chocolate

RE cooked and raw tomato and dark chocolate being good to help against UV exposure:
Since I read that I told it to my two offspring who are here with me sharing the house.
Since then we have had tomato based BBQ sauce, salsa, catsup in practically every meal.
I marinated the meat and cooked it but it wasn't tender enough so then then simmered it in this wonderful Baby Ray southern BBQ sauce along with some vegetable cooking water...the other night we had it in strips along with vegetables. Really really good.

Chocolate is something I actually feel better if I have a few dabs of it per month. I now think of it as an Aztec medicine instead of a vice. If a person consumes more than the few bites then it loses it's medicinal value. (Dr. Weil of Arizona). In this case, mentioned by Dr Weil it is a good substance to lower blood pressure and possibly a blood pressure equalizer.

Also the peppers and the black peppers they use in a lot of the sauces help to digest the meats and also to help witht he bp and cholesterol if that is a problem.

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW