Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Physical fitness/Self defense  (Read 4629 times)

gingerkane

Physical fitness/Self defense
« on: April 02, 2011, 10:10:10 AM »
I feel it is important that we all know some self defense, stand up (boxing/muay thai) and/or ground (grappling allows smaller individuals to defend themselves against larger indivduals (brazilian jiu jitsu, wrestling, submission grappling) Even if you only take a few classes - you'll know more that you do now - This may also provide you and your family with a physical outlet if stuck indoors for quite sometime and a way to defend themselves and keep in shape as you can repeat whatever you've learned in your classes with no equipment and exercises/training can be done in a small space.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:13:22 PM by chaunska »

Jimfarmer

Re: Physical fitness/Self defense
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 09:21:17 PM »
"it is important that we all know some self defense"

This is from a recent e-mail that I received from David Morris of SurviveInPlace.com:

[start quote]
If you’re in a life-or-death situation, you also want to use
techniques that will allow you to escape or move on to the next
attacker as quickly as possible.

Out of respect for those who read their email with their
children, I won’t get into the super effective, stomach-curling
techniques here, but here are a few strikes that are MUCH better
than a punch to the face:

1. Striking the side of the neck with your ulna. (The pinky side
of your forearm)
2. ANY strike to the base of the skull.
3. Striking the esophagus with your ulna.
4. Scratching/jabbing the eyes. (there are specific techniques
that work MUCH better than others)
5. Using your shin to kick the groin.
6. Stomping on the ankle/hand of a downed attacker.

These obviously are techniques that you’d NEVER use on a drunk
friend or some meat head who thinks you’ve taken his spot in
line. They’re not for situations where your ego is bruised or for
any situation where you can simply apologize and walk away. They
are for situations where your life is in danger and an attacker
is trying to kill you.
[end quote]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:14:03 PM by chaunska »

Yowbarb

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 11:34:09 PM »
I feel it is important that we all know some self defense, stand up (boxing/muay thai) and/or ground (grappling allows smaller individuals to defend themselves against larger indivduals (brazilian jiu jitsu, wrestling, submission grappling) Even if you only take a few classes - you'll know more that you do now - This may also provide you and your family with a physical outlet if stuck indoors for quite sometime and a way to defend themselves and keep in shape as you can repeat whatever you've learned in your classes with no equipment and exercises/training can be done in a small space.

Hi Gingerkane, I feel your new Topic would be good in this Board,
right in line with this Topic. Would it be OK with you if I moved it to that board?
All The Best,
Yowbarb
Topic Administrator

Defense Zone #1
https://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?board=65.0

“This section will be about defense from 1 to 15 yards and include the "Up Close and Personal" weapons and tactics to give you an edge to defend then command a situation.” Archangel
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:13:49 PM by chaunska »

gingerkane

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:11:27 AM »

Hi Gingerkane, I feel your new Topic would be good in this Board,
right in line with this Topic. Would it be OK with you if I moved it to that board?
All The Best,
Yowbarb
Topic Administrator

Defense Zone #1
https://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?board=65.0

“This section will be about defense from 1 to 15 yards and include the "Up Close and Personal" weapons and tactics to give you an edge to defend then command a situation.” Archangel
Sure! From now on do as you will with my posts, no need to wait for a go-ahead. Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:13:38 PM by chaunska »

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW