MadMax - GLOBAL SIGNS &TRENDS - INTERNET, ALL MEDIA > Post It All And Let Blog Sort It Out

Bans on some GM foods starting to happen!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Linda:
Thanks for that info Barb, seems other countries are wise to this but until we stop allowing big corp to run the FDA we can't clean things up. I am hoping this is a step forward in that direction. The frightening thing is GMO soy and corn are in a huge percentage of foods so they do the damage behind the scenes so to speak. Most do not realize these frankenfoods are in everything packaged and processed, thus the rise in illness.

Linda

Lori:
The idea is to lower the standard here in the US to third world status.  There are so many people who are struggling to loose weight here.  We exercise more then any other nation in the world. And yet we are one of the most obese nations in the world.  When I was in Saudi Arabia while pregnant with Daniel. I actually lost weight.  My pregnancy actually was easier then my first one.  They have specific dietary laws that seemed to work for me. 

One of my favorite meals was a large flat bread baked in brick ovens, and pule a bean like spread.  It was actually much like refried beans and some Arabic seasons.  The ovens were open air and usually smelled heavenly.   The cost actually for each meal was about .75.   

France even looks down on workouts.  :P  I kind of like that. 

Yowbarb:
Lori, so true! When people are consuming natural foods
A lot of people can you can even eat more than plenty, and not be fat.
Back in the day, when I was doing that exclusively I ate all I wanted of natural whole grains, certain whole beans cooked from scratch, some goat dairy products such as powdered goat milk, whole goat milk, aged yogurt, nuts, carob powder soy, maple etc, lots of green daily and root vegetables. apples etc. Occasionally I would have scallops because my man was bringing them home. Some perk from his job or a co worker.
Millet and rice etc were my staples... later found a bit too much carbs for me but was slim anyway...
Thanks, Yowbarb

Lori:
Fatir (Flat Bread) is made with toasted barley flour, not widely available in the United States. I would love to find some.  I may do a search and see if I can find it.

Yowbarb:

--- Quote from: Lori on August 17, 2010, 06:33:07 AM ---Fatir (Flat Bread) is made with toasted barley flour, not widely available in the United States. I would love to find some.  I may do a search and see if I can find it.

--- End quote ---

I used to purchase something like that called Chapati bread. It is an Indian form of natural unyeasted bread.
It's probably not as good as what you got made fresh over ther, but it is good,
All The Best,
Yowbarb    BTW we have a newTopic Survival Recipes you can post it there...

Indian Chapati Bread

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version