ilinda - SURVIVAL HEALTH > Alternative Medicine - Herbs, Foods and Methods

Chlorella

(1/4) > >>

Linda:
Chlorella can Replace a Closet Full of Expensive Supplements

(NaturalNews) If you could only have one supplement, which one would you choose? For its high nutrient content and potent defense against disease and the ravages of aging, many people have put chlorella at the top of their list. Now there are even more reasons to cheer for chlorella. Scientists are documenting its potent cancer fighting abilities including its ability to repair damage to DNA and influence gene expression.

Carotenoids from chlorella make cancer cells die

Scientists in South Korea recently found that carotenoids from chlorella may be effectively used to prevent cancer in humans. They discovered the primary carotenoid from C. ellipsoidea is violaxanthin, while the major carotenoid from C. vulgaris is lutein. They examined the activity of semi-purified extracts of these carotenoids against human cancer and found they inhibited cancer cell growth in a dose-dependent manner.

Chlorella fights cancer by boosting the immune system

Cancer cells develop in everyone's body. People who have never been diagnosed with cancer have hundreds or thousands of cancerous cells in their bodies on a daily basis. It is the job of the immune system to make sure these dangerous cells are found and destroyed before they can develop into full blown cancers. When a person is diagnosed as having cancer, it means that something has gone seriously wrong with their immune system. Many health gurus have declared that cancer is a result of immune system failure.

This means that one of the best ways to prevent cancer is to strengthen the immune system. For people who have had cancer and want to prevent recurrence, this is critical. The need for a strong immune system to destroy cancerous cells is why health advocates are so strongly against chemotherapy, which destroys the body's immune system and leaves the person wide open for more cancer.

Chlorella stimulates the immune system and the production of interferon, one of the body's greatest natural defenses against cancer. Increased production of interferon stimulates macrophages, T-cells and tumor necrosis factor, the battery of armed soldiers the body uses to fight off cancer. When the immune system is strengthened, the body becomes again able to fight off cancer as well as defend itself against viruses, bacteria, chemicals, and foreign proteins.

Chlorella is a treasure chest of life enhancing properties

Chlorella is a tiny, single-celled water-grown green algae with a nucleus. It is chocked of nutrients including an immense amount of readily available chlorophyll, the life blood of plants. Chlorophyll absorbs energy from the sun to facilitate photosynthesis. It is central to plant metabolism and critical to plant functions such as growth and respiration. Without this green blood of plants, life as we know it would not exist. Chlorophyll is chemically similar in composition to human blood, except that the central atom in chlorophyll is magnesium, while iron is the central component in human blood.

The vitamins and minerals in chlorella are plentiful. It is rich in vitamins A, C, E, and K, and is one of the few whole food sources of vitamin D. Chlorella has the complete vitamin B complex with more B-12 than liver by weight. Beta carotene and lutein, two carotenoids with a wealth of disease fighting benefits, are found in abundance.

Chlorella contains 58% highly digestible complete vegetarian protein. Zinc, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, rare trace minerals, essential fatty acids including gamma linolenic acid (GLA), and polysaccharides are found in chlorella. One of the ways chlorella eases digestion is through its broad spectrum of enzymes that includes pepsin.

For more information on the benefits of chlorella see:

http://www.naturalnews.com/026147_chlorella_cancer_blood.html

Linda :)

Yowbarb:
Linda thanks for the fantastic info.
I am back on the green stuff... I have been careless about staying on it. My body definitely needs seaweed, fresh water weed (dulse) blue green algae, chlorella and all that good stuff. For now just little packets I mix in with juice but I seem to get quite a boost. I got them in bulk at COSTCO a few weeks ago. 
Cheap. They have chlorella barley grass and etc.  Son likes them too.
Tastes good with banana etc. and veg juice.
Yowbarb

Linda:
I wondered if the powdered form tasted ok, I have the tablets of chlorella, they are very tiny like the size of a baby aspirin. I had bought some powdered drink before and it was real strong and very difficult to mask the taste, so I thought I would try the tabs, so far I like them.

Thanks Barb,

Linda

Yowbarb:
Linda I am pretty used to that "very green" taste.   ;)I used to have cans of powdered blue green algae around, also the tablets. What I recently bought I like the taste of - green stuff mixed with fruit.  It's called Greens To Go. You can throw one in your purse and just dump it in a cup of juice
I can mix it with the little package.  Or I dump it in with the vitamix juice. Not everyone here likes it - I like it but won't put it in the juice for everyone. Seems like it helps my immune system. - Yowbarb

Jimfarmer:
According to sales info that I used to receive regularly, the cell wall of Chlorella is indigestible, so you should always get only broken cell chlorella.

Another good green supplement is alfalfa powder.  The word "alfalfa" in Arabic means "king of foods".  The Arabs found that alfalfa was the best food for their horses.  The reason: alfalfa roots go deeper into the ground than those of other grasses, so they get to the minerals below the depleted soil.  Anyway, the last time I bought it, I paid about $5.50 per pound from Now, including S&H for 12 cans of one pound each.  Each pound lasted about a month, using two tablespoonfulls per day, if I remember correctly.  I would buy it again if I had the extra cash (hopefully later).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version