Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Chlorella  (Read 15919 times)

Linda

Chlorella
« on: July 12, 2010, 09:20:47 AM »
Chlorella can Replace a Closet Full of Expensive Supplements

(NaturalNews) If you could only have one supplement, which one would you choose? For its high nutrient content and potent defense against disease and the ravages of aging, many people have put chlorella at the top of their list. Now there are even more reasons to cheer for chlorella. Scientists are documenting its potent cancer fighting abilities including its ability to repair damage to DNA and influence gene expression.

Carotenoids from chlorella make cancer cells die

Scientists in South Korea recently found that carotenoids from chlorella may be effectively used to prevent cancer in humans. They discovered the primary carotenoid from C. ellipsoidea is violaxanthin, while the major carotenoid from C. vulgaris is lutein. They examined the activity of semi-purified extracts of these carotenoids against human cancer and found they inhibited cancer cell growth in a dose-dependent manner.

Chlorella fights cancer by boosting the immune system

Cancer cells develop in everyone's body. People who have never been diagnosed with cancer have hundreds or thousands of cancerous cells in their bodies on a daily basis. It is the job of the immune system to make sure these dangerous cells are found and destroyed before they can develop into full blown cancers. When a person is diagnosed as having cancer, it means that something has gone seriously wrong with their immune system. Many health gurus have declared that cancer is a result of immune system failure.

This means that one of the best ways to prevent cancer is to strengthen the immune system. For people who have had cancer and want to prevent recurrence, this is critical. The need for a strong immune system to destroy cancerous cells is why health advocates are so strongly against chemotherapy, which destroys the body's immune system and leaves the person wide open for more cancer.

Chlorella stimulates the immune system and the production of interferon, one of the body's greatest natural defenses against cancer. Increased production of interferon stimulates macrophages, T-cells and tumor necrosis factor, the battery of armed soldiers the body uses to fight off cancer. When the immune system is strengthened, the body becomes again able to fight off cancer as well as defend itself against viruses, bacteria, chemicals, and foreign proteins.

Chlorella is a treasure chest of life enhancing properties

Chlorella is a tiny, single-celled water-grown green algae with a nucleus. It is chocked of nutrients including an immense amount of readily available chlorophyll, the life blood of plants. Chlorophyll absorbs energy from the sun to facilitate photosynthesis. It is central to plant metabolism and critical to plant functions such as growth and respiration. Without this green blood of plants, life as we know it would not exist. Chlorophyll is chemically similar in composition to human blood, except that the central atom in chlorophyll is magnesium, while iron is the central component in human blood.

The vitamins and minerals in chlorella are plentiful. It is rich in vitamins A, C, E, and K, and is one of the few whole food sources of vitamin D. Chlorella has the complete vitamin B complex with more B-12 than liver by weight. Beta carotene and lutein, two carotenoids with a wealth of disease fighting benefits, are found in abundance.

Chlorella contains 58% highly digestible complete vegetarian protein. Zinc, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, rare trace minerals, essential fatty acids including gamma linolenic acid (GLA), and polysaccharides are found in chlorella. One of the ways chlorella eases digestion is through its broad spectrum of enzymes that includes pepsin.

For more information on the benefits of chlorella see:

http://www.naturalnews.com/026147_chlorella_cancer_blood.html

Linda :)

Yowbarb

Re: Chlorella
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 05:31:16 PM »
Linda thanks for the fantastic info.
I am back on the green stuff... I have been careless about staying on it. My body definitely needs seaweed, fresh water weed (dulse) blue green algae, chlorella and all that good stuff. For now just little packets I mix in with juice but I seem to get quite a boost. I got them in bulk at COSTCO a few weeks ago. 
Cheap. They have chlorella barley grass and etc.  Son likes them too.
Tastes good with banana etc. and veg juice.
Yowbarb

Linda

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 07:39:04 PM »
I wondered if the powdered form tasted ok, I have the tablets of chlorella, they are very tiny like the size of a baby aspirin. I had bought some powdered drink before and it was real strong and very difficult to mask the taste, so I thought I would try the tabs, so far I like them.

Thanks Barb,

Linda

Yowbarb

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 10:13:42 AM »
Linda I am pretty used to that "very green" taste.   ;)I used to have cans of powdered blue green algae around, also the tablets. What I recently bought I like the taste of - green stuff mixed with fruit.  It's called Greens To Go. You can throw one in your purse and just dump it in a cup of juice
I can mix it with the little package.  Or I dump it in with the vitamix juice. Not everyone here likes it - I like it but won't put it in the juice for everyone. Seems like it helps my immune system. - Yowbarb
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 10:15:39 AM by Yowbarb »

Jimfarmer

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 01:26:20 PM »
According to sales info that I used to receive regularly, the cell wall of Chlorella is indigestible, so you should always get only broken cell chlorella.

Another good green supplement is alfalfa powder.  The word "alfalfa" in Arabic means "king of foods".  The Arabs found that alfalfa was the best food for their horses.  The reason: alfalfa roots go deeper into the ground than those of other grasses, so they get to the minerals below the depleted soil.  Anyway, the last time I bought it, I paid about $5.50 per pound from Now, including S&H for 12 cans of one pound each.  Each pound lasted about a month, using two tablespoonfulls per day, if I remember correctly.  I would buy it again if I had the extra cash (hopefully later).

Linda

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 02:16:32 PM »
Hi Jim, I used to take Alfalfa but it bothers my system for some reason, my son takes it to keep away attacks of gout, it works well.

I do buy the broken cell chlorella and so far I am not having any problem with the digestion of it.

Barb, all that I have read says the green foods are immune boosters, that's what I am counting on.

Here's a list of some of the green foods and what they are good for:

Alfalfa is a superfood high in Vitamin K to help support bone strength, digestive health and for healthy blood clotting.

Chlorella - this natural green algae is not only a rich source of essential nutrients, it is also nature's richest source of chlorophyll which acts as a great natural blood and organ cleanser.

Spiriulina This blue green algae is one of nature's most nutrient rich foods and contains essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids and is a rich source of antioxidants, protein and iron.

Wheat Grass is among the richest natural food sources of minerals, enzymes, B group vitamins, antioxidants and chlorophyll.

Due to its alkaline nature, Barley Grass is neutralizing, balancing and nourishing for the body, making this your perfect choice for natural nutrition.

Right now I am taking the chlorella, spiriulina and growing and juicing wheatgrass.

It's funny, I like the taste of fresh wheatgrass juice, but not the green drink mixes.

Yowbarb

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 01:30:36 PM »
Hi Jim, I used to take Alfalfa but it bothers my system for some reason, my son takes it to keep away attacks of gout, it works well.

I do buy the broken cell chlorella and so far I am not having any problem with the digestion of it.

Barb, all that I have read says the green foods are immune boosters, that's what I am counting on.

Here's a list of some of the green foods and what they are good for:

Alfalfa is a superfood high in Vitamin K to help support bone strength, digestive health and for healthy blood clotting.

Chlorella - this natural green algae is not only a rich source of essential nutrients, it is also nature's richest source of chlorophyll which acts as a great natural blood and organ cleanser.

Spiriulina This blue green algae is one of nature's most nutrient rich foods and contains essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids and is a rich source of antioxidants, protein and iron.

Wheat Grass is among the richest natural food sources of minerals, enzymes, B group vitamins, antioxidants and chlorophyll.

Due to its alkaline nature, Barley Grass is neutralizing, balancing and nourishing for the body, making this your perfect choice for natural nutrition.

Right now I am taking the chlorella, spiriulina and growing and juicing wheatgrass.

It's funny, I like the taste of fresh wheatgrass juice, but not the green drink mixes.

Linda, thanks for more info..
Oh! Oddly enough the alfalfa sprouts are listed as "An Avoid Food for Type Os." Back in the day when alfalfa was all the rage I would be buying a little plastic box of them every time I bought produce put them in salads and on sandwiches. For some reason I didn't seem to feel so great. Same with cabbage I was buying it and cooking it daily then decades later read the Bood type book (Eat Right For Your Type) and it said both cabbage and alfalfa sprouts are avoid  foods for Type O which I am. I think you mentioned you are too, in another Topic.  What I do now is allow a small amount of them. I have cabbage slaw as a side dish once in awhile and also a few alfalfa sprouts if it's on a sandwich I buy.  (Definiitely will eat the corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day just hardly eat cabbage anymore.) Broccoli etc. instead.

I think I am OK with the powdered green stuff I have because of the real fruit flavors and so on added.
Fresh is always better, true.

All The Best,
Yowbarb
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 01:38:15 PM by Yowbarb »

Linda

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 04:43:14 PM »
Wow Barb that blood typing gets me every time, must be pretty accurate. I can eat some of the sprouts, but I usually eat a blend if alfalfa is in it. Mostly I like the pea sprouts. The capsules of alfalfa are what my son takes, and that's the ones that bother me, and as a side, I eat a very limited amount of cabbage as well.
I do eat cabbage that I ferment, but just in small amounts.

Good info Barb on the blood type, I will have to follow that more closely, thanks.

Linda

Yowbarb

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 11:08:16 AM »
Wow Barb that blood typing gets me every time, must be pretty accurate. I can eat some of the sprouts, but I usually eat a blend if alfalfa is in it. Mostly I like the pea sprouts. The capsules of alfalfa are what my son takes, and that's the ones that bother me, and as a side, I eat a very limited amount of cabbage as well.
I do eat cabbage that I ferment, but just in small amounts.

Good info Barb on the blood type, I will have to follow that more closely, thanks.

Linda

Yes Linda, it is interesting. I must admit I haven't tried out every item to see how it checks out with the book.
To readers who are not Type O blood, sorry this may be boring unless you know someone who is O and want to help them. Also I realize I should probably put this in another spot on the forum but oh well.... 

Here are the things (partial list) I found out lined up with book.

Cabbage and cauliflower and brussels sprouts - I do feel better when I do NOT eat these.
Used to cook cabbage every day as part of my macrobiotic diet, back in the early 1970s. I got an overwhelming tiredness. Then, decades later I read it interferes with the metabolism of Type Os.

Raw foods -definitely do better with some raw juices daily.

Fruits: Definitely these are very good for me, and make me feel better:
The pineapple, cherry, plum and prune juice too. These are listed as Highly Beneficial.

Previous to reading the book the juice I mainly got was apple or orange. Apple is neutral and orange is avoid.
Note: During the winter and spring I do have some oranges or juice. I feel I need that source of C and bioflavanoid so I do have some, seasonally.
I had already noticed my body liked pineapple and cherries and prunes and plums - but to be cheap, for years,  had been buying the apple or orange which are not nearly as good for Os.

Herbs: Valerian really is good for me. It is listed as a Highly Beneficial herb for O's.

Echinacea: A naturopath (who happened to be working in the same office where I was working) came up and gave me a tincture of echinacea. Yikes it gave me mental confusion. He thought it would be good for me since I was starting to get the sniffles. Two naturopaths were in same office and I was working for othe other one.

For the record they are usually more careful than that. Usually a more thorough type of muscle testing - this was mentioned to me by someone who worked there. After the fact. The two docs didn't get along and the one I was working for was moving his office out to separate out from the other doc.

In earlier years I went off tomatoes as part of macrobiotic but then I read tomatoes are neutral for Type Os, so I can consume them.
Well, just sharing some notes.

Last one: Chicken is "neutral" benefit and turkey is "Highly Beneficial" and I have found that to be true.

http://books.google.com/books?id=kejgE3_AtnUC&pg=PA67&lpg=PA67&dq=tomatoes+Highly+Beneficial+for+Type+Os&source=bl&ots=sZnbEqtTuz&sig=V3Dmt0YaRALfRzF_jsHu6NjsSP0&hl=en&ei=yIJITNiDHYO8lQf9sbm0Cw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=tomatoes%20Highly%20Beneficial%20for%20Type%20Os&f=false

BTW I used to think any kind of dark greens would be good; after re-reading I know that I can leave out the mustard greens.  Believe it or not, they are listed as Avoid. I already knew my body likes collard greens, swiss chard, okra, artichokes  etc. Sure enough they are listed as Highly Beneficial for Type Os.

Sorry if this is to long. I find it interesting that dandelion and chicory are highly beneficial for Os. Many years ago I was on teas, herbs or coffee substitute with chicory and dandelion and they really made me feel so much better! There are yummy dark drinks with these things. Oh yes, carob!!

Back to the alfalfa and also aloe vera -I don't use these much now but I find that any kind of chlorella, dulse, algae, seaweed, barley greens and  wheat grass is great for me.

Thanks for the feedback and I appreciate the reminder to use more chlorella and nutrients lie that.
I got another stash of the liquid vite minerals and it has greens in it...
Scuse any  typos...
Yowbarb
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 11:18:17 AM by Yowbarb »

Linda

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 04:57:20 AM »
Thanks for the link Barb. The foods that are allowed , and not allowed for O's seems to go right along with what I have experienced for myself. Especially the grains, I have known that most grains (wheat especially) has been a problem for me, and the cabbage, cauliflower and brussel spouts, all from the brassica family cause problems with the thyroid which he says is an area of concern for O's. I also have a hypothyroid problem.  Very interesting.

Linda

Yowbarb

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 02:38:16 PM »
Linda, it's good to get the feedback and find out the O foods are working for O types.
Wow you are reminding me - it is the thyroid which was affected.
I also have a tendency to hypothyroid. It doesn't show up on lab tests but years ago I found
out there is a type which does not show up on lab tests... so the right foods are important...
What I do to blow it is eat breads (I can be disciplined sometimes for years then blow it and eat breads or too much wheat in some form.
I did find out in macrobiotic my body likes some grains way more than others then years later I found the five grain mixture worked for me   what I did wrong was eating too much of the grains.
Oh! You may not know about aduki beans. I had never ever heard of them until the early nineties when Michael started cooking them for me. Yumm!!  He said they are good for the kidneys and I found they were definitely good. We didn't know anything about blood type diet then. A few years later I left him a note about the blood type diet - he was home for the we.  (Job up north with the NWS.)
As soon as I saw him he said "Yes! I have the book too!" Turns out he was a Type A which is interesting since he was a vegetarian.
Linda,
So what I found out is: The Aduki beans are listed as Highly Beneficial for Type O.
All The Best, running to COSTCO.
Yowbarb

Linda

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 03:08:28 PM »
Thanks Barb, I have never had the aduki beans but will give them a try. (Bread is a tough one to give up for me too) 8)

Linda

Yowbarb

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 11:50:31 AM »
Linda, I think one hopeful fact is if a person consumes special foods like chlorella it helps balance
some the wrongdoing.... or some of it... My nonos:  Once in awhile I need a donut or consume bread sandwiches in a phase, like a junkie needs his drug.
No rhyme or reason to it... just wrong!!
I already found out decades ago I do NOT need bread (except the Essene or Exekiel or the indian chapati etc. or some matzos once in awhile or some rye crisp. (I do NOT need the yeast.) I have found it is a lifestyle thing like I make an announcement these are my allowed foods, but these please do not put these (other non allowed ones) in front of my face. 

I have found if I just go out and buy rye krisp, matzos, essene breads, the whole grains to cook that after awhile I don't even think of regular bread. My rule is if someone goes to the trouble to make me a sandwich I will graciously eat it. (Macrobiotic rule) if offered just eat it. If it were pork I would hide it and not eat it but aside from that would eat just about anything someone served up. It may seem absurd but I feel my ancestors were mainly Jews who did not eat pork, and even though I do not know for sure I do this out of respect to them and also I feel sooo much better when I do NOT eat it.

Some things I can be all high and mighty and say I am done with this and that and then if circumstances change I end up eating it again.  Currently getting it under control.  At a few times in my life I found myself throwing out all my knowledge and all my rules becauase the most important thing was to put food on the table a lot of it and stay a step ahead of a hungry teen boy. In that case quantity, protein and cost took priority over anything else. I put a pile of food on for him. He was growing a millimeter a day at one point and got to be pretty tall. I let him eat all he could and tried to always have plenty for him.

Whenever I have enough money again I tend to go be selective again on what I buy. I never paid much attention to psychobabble but Oprah actually did help me when she said she is a food addict. Then I finally realized, of course, I am one too. If everything in the house is pretty much healthy and if a person exercises even a little the weight will gradually start to go down again...
Thanks for all the good ideas, I have found it is easier for me to add good stuff than to cut out all the bad.
Well, I hope this is helpful to someone. The main point is, half the battle is to have plenty of funds for food and get a good stock of stuff and do  a lot of cooking from scratch. Michael and I used to buy most everything in the local health food store. Not everything we weren't that affluent but we had our good substitute foods and our grains. It may not always be necessary to substitute but I found when I did substitute certain things my weight was down a lot and easy to maintain.
Some substitutes I have used in the past:
butter..................................................ghi, clarified butter, cold pressed oils
chocolate gooey goodies ...................carob homemade brownies, carob candy bars, carob blender drinks.
coffee .................................................Cafix, Pionier, Pero etc. Also dandelion tea etc.
dairy products.....................................only a small amount aged goat cheese or yogurt
cold cereals..........................................home cooked grains such as a bowl of millet, oats, five grains etc.
yeasted bread.......................................Essene Bread, bought frozen from a big health food store, thaw and allow a few pieces a month.  Lightly toast with ghi and/or cream cheese yumm
refined white sugar..............................honey, malt syrup, mollasses, date sugar.
Pasta ....................................................grain mixture like spelt and kamut... I would usually season with savory things like garlic and soy sauce rather than eat it sweet.

I am no longer trying to substitute meat although sometimes I think about that. When I was a total vegetarian it is the only time I gained control over my food and my weight.
My previous meat susbstitutes were miso and tahini in soup, mollasses (iron) Nori seaweed etc. some vege hot dogs sometimes.  Once in awhile I did have a bite of seafood or a piece of chicken but for years that was very rare. 1-2 times a year, max.

Well for a food addict I was eating all I wanted and was under 120 pounds.  My daily treats were apple slices with tahini (sesame butter) or a handful of raw cashews or a blender drink with soymilk, mollasses and carob powder.  If I had a pot of vegetables with ghi butter and sea salt on them, and it included root vegetables I felt very satisfied with that. The root vegetables satisfy some sort of carb craving. Not everyone should eat potatoes but root veges are: Potatoes, turnips, daikon radish, carrots etc.
Another treat was avocadoes. I found I could eat all of them I wanted and when I wasn't eating meat they didn't make me fat. Some kind of cooked veges daily. As I mentioned in another post I was cooking cabbage or caulifower daily and I feel they made me tired. (Eat Right For Your Type book, Type O blood vegetable reference.)

When people look ahead to long term survival when food could be scarce all this may seem meaningless. However if it helps someone get down to their fighting weight well that is important too, for survival. Scuse typos I shouldn't re edit.
Again, the point is, things like chlorella, algae and seaweed really did help me control my appetite and get slim, in the past.  - Yowbarb
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 12:19:22 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 12:02:35 PM »
Thanks Barb, I have never had the aduki beans but will give them a try. (Bread is a tough one to give up for me too) 8)

Linda

Linda a lot of people havent heard of Adukis. They look similar to Anasazi beans of the native Americans. Adukis are from Japan. - Yowbarb

Hard to believe it but this is so, so good I like a dab of oil or ghi and soy sauce or sea salt with it.
(aduki beans)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 06:36:12 PM by Yowbarb »

Linda

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 02:30:20 PM »
The beans and rice look good! ;D

Linda

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW