Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: More Spiller Wells in the Gulf  (Read 3911 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • “Chance favors the prepared mind."—Louis Pasteur
    • Your Own World USA
More Spiller Wells in the Gulf
« on: June 08, 2010, 04:05:24 PM »
I fear that we'll see more of these offshore spiller wells.  This catastrophe has yet to see it's prime.
Marshall

BP Rig Not the Only One Leaking Oil in Gulf

Some of the oil is leaking from a nearby drilling rig named the Ocean Saratoga, the Mobile (Ala.) Press-Register newspaper reports.

That rig has been leaking since at least April 30, 10 days after the explosion on the Deepwater Horizon rig that killed 11 oil workers. Federal officials cited the Ocean Saratoga leak in a trajectory map for oil washing ashore from the Deepwater Horizon spill, the newspaper reported. <<<

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/08/national/main6561020.shtml

Yowbarb

Re: More Spiller Wells in the Gulf
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 08:58:16 AM »
Marshall, thanks for posting this.
This is really terrible stuff, a second source of oil leaking.
I suppose we will all have to toughen up our minds. The coming earth changes could easily affect
all oil rigs not to mention nuclear power plants and other hazmat situations...
I say hazmat situations but of course there will be no hazmat operating at least not for a time as
everything gets blown out by 200 mph winds.
I just hope the lovely little birds and other creatures will go off and find somewhere to survive...
- Yowbarb

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 10:07:47 AM »
It would be my belief that the media is not being allowed to show us the real situation. It is my belief that there are more places leaking oil than just this rig. Even the residents down there can only see so far out into the water.  This is a small preview to some of the things that can, and will probably happen when things get crazy. Add in the radioactive materials from nuclear plants, and decomposing bodies, and we almost have to whole picture. Water is going to become a precious commodity.

Yowbarb

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 02:02:41 PM »
It would be my belief that the media is not being allowed to show us the real situation. It is my belief that there are more places leaking oil than just this rig. Even the residents down there can only see so far out into the water.  This is a small preview to some of the things that can, and will probably happen when things get crazy. Add in the radioactive materials from nuclear plants, and decomposing bodies, and we almost have to whole picture. Water is going to become a precious commodity.

Ed I have been thinking some of the same thoughts - about dead bodies and animal carcasses.
I feel any survival group even way out in the country will have to have a plan on what to do when the
worst of the crossover is done and there is a lot to bury and dispose of. Only thing I can think of is to dig some pits in advance before going underground, and then have bags of lime stored in a concrete storage shed. One way to handle the situation.  Any pit not filled with water would do for burial.
I am sort of in apathy about radiation... aside from having an underground shelter and nutritional tablets for radiation I can't think what to do about that. People will survive in one area -  people will not survive in another area. I'm thinking it may be a difference of a few miles who makes it or who doesn't. Even in some of the most remote country areas there are some nuclear power plants. I remember passing one on the way to Washington state. I always had a bad feeling about nuclear. Felt it was soooo stupid to use nuclear power for anything... well it wasn't up to me...
As far as water it's hard to imagine the amount that will really be needed. Trying to keep some sort
of good thought here...
Yowbarb
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 02:08:18 PM by Yowbarb »

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW