Yowbarb - SURVIVING the CHANGES > Survival Shelter and Location Ideas

Can we survive on our own ?

(1/8) > >>

Beachguy:
This topic was orphaned from the old board and Marshall allowed me to pick it up here...  just moved up the line really.   But it fits well with what we are talking about in the other threads.

Here's a place to start:   If we "bug out" either by staying put in survival mode or by actually moving to a different place - can we really make it alone?   When I ponder this - my gut feeling is no, not really.  What are your thoughts?

Pbandpk:
I'll chat with you since I don't have anything to do LOL.

First define "alone".

Second define "survive".

Beachguy:

--- Quote from: Pbandpk on April 22, 2010, 01:27:25 PM ---I'll chat with you since I don't have anything to do LOL.

First define "alone".

Second define "survive".

--- End quote ---

By alone, I guess I'm thinking of a small family unit.   Remember - this won't exactly be like the days of the settlers moving West - IMO.   There won't be well stocked supplies from the East and the only thing to fear is the indians... no slam intended in that remark but only to try and make a point.  There will be folks all around who have nothing and no way to buy it or a place to get it from.

By survive - I don't know.  To me, survival means shelter, some food, and relative safety.   I believe it TOTALLY depends on how things unfold as to if this is going to be remotely possible.   

Pbandpk:

--- Quote from: Beachguy on April 22, 2010, 01:34:26 PM ---By alone, I guess I'm thinking of a small family unit.   Remember - this won't exactly be like the days of the settlers moving West - IMO.   There won't be well stocked supplies from the East and the only thing to fear is the indians... no slam intended in that remark but only to try and make a point.  There will be folks all around who have nothing and no way to buy it or a place to get it from.

By survive - I don't know.  To me, survival means shelter, some food, and relative safety.   I believe it TOTALLY depends on how things unfold as to if this is going to be remotely possible.

--- End quote ---

The highlighted part, like you said, will ultimately determine everything.

I truly believe you can make it with a small group.

Dania22:
I personally think, that safety is in numbers and in the case of total chaos, the more the merrier. I feel if you haven't established the who and who's of your group yet, it may get harder and harder to trust people as the time goes by. People are getting weary of each other, more so now I think, than before. Time is of the essence friends.  I don't know about anyone else, but for me, it's imperative that if you're going to reach out to people, do it now while they're still in the "nice to meet you mode".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version