Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: what type of electical item should you buy  (Read 38179 times)

dougluvn

Re: what type of electical item should you buy
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 08:03:16 PM »
I am wrestling with the notion of weather or not I should bother with getting things that need power to work...unless i have solar panels.

1969quartz0

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 08:04:28 PM »
Boonie Stomper most people will not power freezers if SHTF if you are going to try first buy a small super efficient freezer you are going to need to spend a whole lot of money on solar wind maybe hydro batteries if it is not a DC you will need a inverter. The Sun only shines part of the day and unless you have a tracking system your efficiency drops a lot plus what if the skies are obstructed by debris. It is late for me now but you need to list in detail what you want to power up how much power does it require how often you plan on using it etc. to come up with a system that might work for you it will take more then most think with losses and low Sun Ex. clouds or night  for wind Ex. a calm day Etc. plus most people use more power then think. Also you have to consider battery maint. hydrogen off gassing etc. coming up with a system is great but in can get very involved if you want to run high power items. Give me a little more info. on your needs in detail.   

Boonie Stomper

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 08:10:22 PM »
Thanks!  It is rather plicompcated  (pardon) as I'm finding out.

Are there SIMPLE ways of 1) utilizing solar film or PV scrap pieces, & 2) coming into an easy fast supply of rechargeable battery storage (reliable and preferably via recycling or otherwise near-free?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:16:04 PM by Boonie Stomper »

Yowbarb

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 10:55:24 PM »
I have a Dremel, powerful and handy little tool.  :)

Linda

1969quartz0

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 11:32:22 AM »
A Dremel tool is great to have the picture shows a wood burner also a very handy tool to have Sportsmans Guide sells 12 Volt soldering irons and they are great to have as well.

Yowbarb

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 05:43:35 AM »
A Dremel tool is great to have the picture shows a wood burner also a very handy tool to have Sportsmans Guide sells 12 Volt soldering irons and they are great to have as well.

Seems like soldering irons would be really valuable, thanks for bringing that up. Will add it to the list of Tools somewhere in Susan's board on survival lists.
- Yowbarb

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW