Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: FUKUSHIMA, other LEAKS of NUCLEAR WASTE! Merging Topics  (Read 109411 times)

Jimfarmer

Re: FUKUSHIMA, other LEAKS of NUCLEAR WASTE! Merging Topics
« Reply #240 on: June 18, 2011, 03:42:34 PM »
"It has been reported that there has been nuclear explosions a Fukushima. Scientists can tell by the nuclear isotopes released."

Atomic chain reactions are very difficult to "ignite".  Just exposing some cooling rods won't do it.  The rods melt without producing critical mass and concentration, actually.  That is why the core of atomic bombs have an envelope of chemical explosive; The chemical explosion compresses the inner shell of fissionable material into critical mass and concentration so that the atomic chain reaction ignites.

Well, my knowledge is obsolete, as might be obvious to recent graduates, but surely the basic principles have not changed.

Perhaps there are multiple definitions for nuclear explosions.  The uranium in the rods (or is it plutonium nowadays?) is decaying radioactively, rather than chemically, into other elements, some of which decay further.  Heat is released in the process, and that is what converts the water to steam in the power plants. 

The difference between nuclear power plants and nuclear weapons is large, which is why nuclear power plants are allowed in many countries that are theoretically prohibited from using the technology to develop nuclear weapons.  That takes specialized equipment like thousands of centrifuges, for example.  The "dirty bomb" concept is an example of the difference;  the dirty bomb has chemical explosive inside of some radioactive material, and the explosion of the explosive simply dissipates the radioactive material, which does not explode.

Perhaps we should educate ourselves in more detail.  There is plenty of information on the Internet.

EDIT: corrected technical error. (Jim)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 12:28:15 AM by Jimfarmer »

TheSwordOfDemocles

« Reply #241 on: June 19, 2011, 06:22:23 AM »
Hi Jimfarmer

I have two degrees a BSc and a BEng (Hons). I'm pretty sure I know what I'm on about!!!!

Nuclear bomb explosions and nuclear reactor explosions are two different animals, but share common isotopes. This information is also readily available on the net.

It is also recognised that Chernobyl was an explosion as well, but the Russians never admitted to this at the time, this information has only recently been acknowledged. Read PDF attached.

Why do you think no one is releasing radiation monitoring information in the States. It's a soft kill!!!

Jimfarmer

« Reply #242 on: June 19, 2011, 02:19:35 PM »
Hi Sword,
"I have two degrees a BSc and a BEng (Hons). I'm pretty sure I know what I'm on about!!!!"  Good to know, thanks.

This paragraph from the link that you provided give us the info we needed.

" With regard to the nature of the explosion I make the following suggestion: the  melting points and boiling points of plutonium and uranium oxides are not the same.  The MP of plutonium oxide in MOX is 2701 degrees C but that of the Uranium oxide  is 3120 degrees C (Popov et al 2000). Therefore when a mixture of these boils, there  will be fractional distillation of the plutonium oxide, separation of the mixture, just as  happens with alcohol distillation from alcohol water mixtures or the fractional  distillation of crude oil. Thus plutonium will become concentrated in the vapour and  in the nearest cooler areas were the vapour condenses. This would inevitably lead to a  nuclear explosion when the concentration of plutonium exceeded the critical level for  chain reaction. It is not only in MOX fuel that plutonium exists in nuclear reactors. It  is produced as a result of the neutron irradiation of uranium fuel. "  (My emphasis)

VillageIdiot

« Reply #243 on: June 28, 2011, 12:00:01 PM »
Full story: http://beta.news.yahoo.com/radioactive-water-leaks-tepco-plant-070542086.html

"...
Radioactive water leaks from Japan's damaged plant

TOKYO (Reuters) - Tons of radioactive water were discovered on Tuesday to have leaked into the ground from Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant, the latest in a series of leaks at the plant damaged in a March earthquake and tsunami, the country's nuclear watchdog said.

More than three months after the disaster, authorities are struggling to bring under control damaged reactors at the power plant, 240 km (150 miles) north of Tokyo.

About 15 metric tons of water with a low level of radiation leaked from a storage tank at the plant on the Pacific coast, the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said.

Plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co (Tepco) said it was investigating the cause of the leak which was later repaired..."

Jimfarmer

« Reply #244 on: July 07, 2011, 06:17:10 PM »
This video on Youtube says that the nuclear disaster at Fukushima will prove to be an extinction-level event.

"Leuren Moret: Mega-tsunami, total melt-through, radiation levels and illnesses"
at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L3BHnI1A_Y&feature=player_embedded .

It is long, 1:01:48,  but a brief summary is at http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_earthchanges56.htm .

TheSwordOfDemocles

« Reply #245 on: July 08, 2011, 12:50:00 AM »
It is truly tragic. Wait for the birth defects, increased infant mortality and reduction in fertility. These will be the first signs of the damage that has been done.

It has already been reported that radiation has been found in children's urine and separately in mothers breast milk.

The Japanese government has truly betrayed the trust of its people.

ASEEKERTOO

« Reply #246 on: July 08, 2011, 07:43:38 AM »
This video on Youtube says that the nuclear disaster at Fukushima will prove to be an extinction-level event.

"Leuren Moret: Mega-tsunami, total melt-through, radiation levels and illnesses"
at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L3BHnI1A_Y&feature=player_embedded .

It is long, 1:01:48,  but a brief summary is at http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_earthchanges56.htm .
The fact that both individuals, Alfred Lambremont Webre and Leuren Moret are highly
successful people and Leuren is a Scientist lends a great deal of credence to the message
they are trying to convey. Both links are for the same interview/video and the 1 hour spent
watching it was worth it !

Linda

« Reply #247 on: August 19, 2011, 05:37:46 AM »
I got this article in a newsletter from a local Dr.  The part I found interesting is that they are confiscating iodine tablets before they get to the local residents, claiming they do not help. I have no doubt we will be treated the same way here. 
 Dr. Brownstein has done extensive research on the using iodine, and how it prevents problems with thyroid, and breast cancer among other things.
http://drdavidbrownstein.blogspot.com/

Radiation Disaster in Japan Still Occurring
I just spoke with a Steven Thompson who is living Osaka, Japan. He called to inform me about what is truly going on in Fukushima, Japan. What he told me was chilling.

Steven recently went to Fukushima city and found high background measurements of radioactive iodine at every site that he tested. Fukushima city is 60km (or about 37 miles) from ground zero—where the nuclear meltdown occurred. The Japanese government has stated that it is safe for residents to stay in Fukushima city.

Steven used a handheld Geiger counter to gather his data. As previously mentioned, he found that radioactive iodine levels were consistently measuring high in every area that he tested. In fact, he found that the level of radioactivity levels measured over 100x the acceptable limits.
He also told me that the Japanese government is discouraging its citizens from taking iodine supplements claiming that iodine supplementation is toxic. I guess radioactive iodine released from Fukushima is ok, but iodine supplements are somehow toxic. Sounds like up is down and down is up logic to me.

Furthermore, Steven told me that it is literally impossible to get iodine supplements in Japan. He claimed that there are reports that iodine supplements are being confiscated. Shortly after the disaster occurred, I wrote to a Japanese friend and asked if I could donate iodine supplements for distribution. My friend told me the same thing; unless they are hand carried into the country, they will be confiscated.

It is clear the Japanese government is not providing reliable information to its own citizens as well as the world. There are recent reports that Japanese beef, manure and feed for animals have been found to be contaminated with radioactive cesium.

Folks, this nuclear disaster is still occurring. Radiation is still leaking. Although we are not directly connected to the mainland country of Japan, we will receive doses of radiation due to the jet stream. I have reported that to you on previous blogs. The most important thing you can do to protect yourself from radiation exposure is to eat a healthy diet full of whole foods, ensure adequate antioxidant nutrients such as vitamins C, E and iodine. In fact, it is vitally important to maintain optimal levels of iodine in your body so that radioactive iodine particles have nowhere to bind in your body. More information about iodine can be found in my book, Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can’t Live Without It.
I will post more information about the Japanese disaster in future blog posts and in my newsletter.

Steven went to Fukushima on July 25, 2011--over four months after the disaster--to measure the radioactivity with a Geiger counter. You can see the video by pasting the following link in your browser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0zDo-HYIT0. It is clear that the disaster is still occurring. There are nearly 300,000 citizens of Fukushima city still living there. I would not want to be living there, nor would I want my children there.

Yowbarb

« Reply #248 on: November 04, 2016, 09:01:14 PM »
To Whom It May concern: I just started this Topic, putting together Topics going back to 2011.
Montanabarb put the first postings about Fukushima, in her Topic, Nuclear Disaster in Japan - and I started some - and others. So there are 3-4 Topics merged here.

FUKUSHIMA, other LEAKS of NUCLEAR WASTE! Merging Topics

Site Updates in Progress