Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Health Care Reform and 2012  (Read 19271 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • “Chance favors the prepared mind."—Louis Pasteur
    • Your Own World USA
Health Care Reform and 2012
« on: March 27, 2010, 02:17:54 PM »
Now that the health care reform bill has been enacted into law, President Obama's next job is to answer one simple question. Where's the beef? 

After a year of feckless Democratic cat herding and insidious Republican hate mongering, all Obama can say for now is, "this isn't radical reform, but it is major reform." So what will this major reform look like?

Between now and 2014, over 2 million American families will continue to find major reform in the bankruptcy courts. 

http://yowusa.com/humanity/2010/humanity-2010-03a/1.shtml

Archangel

Re: Health Care Reform and 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 02:42:26 PM »
I absolutely agree  :'(.  My wife is a Nurse Practitioner and says that it will harm over a third of the American people.  Mainly the elderly and the very sick.  And don't forget that if you can't afford to buy health insurance your going to pay a fine if you have to see a doctor or go to the hospital.

Linda

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 04:10:09 PM »
Your article Marshall is, I'm afraid to say, pretty accurate. This whole debacle of a health care bill makes me ill, (and I can't afford to get ill, LOL).  I have 5 children, and at this point only 1 of them has health care (they are all adults). As a matter of fact, my husband and I lose our health care every year when he gets laid off for 4 to 6 months. This has been going on for 3 years now. It's like playing Russian roulette with our health. This year I had a bad flare up of ulcerative colitis while he was laid off, the medicine alone (and that was only a quanity of 20) was $350.  We have had health care all of our adult lives, we have worked hard to make a living for ourselves, and now at 60 yrs, we have to deal with this stress.  We are too young to retire, too young for medicare, and too old to find another job that is more secure with benefits. I know we are one of many, this is insane, especially when we spent billions to rebuild Iraq and all the other complimentary sh*t we do for other countries at our expense.

Well that's my say on the subject, sometimes I think our govt needs to collapse to get rid of the criminals and the corruption.

Initalone

• Members
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 06:05:03 PM »
I know any fee, if you are just getting by, would be devastating.  If I understand correctly, the amount you would be responsible for varies based on income. If you earn less than $88,000 , the gov would subsidize your payments, I assume based on income.  And, the changes will not even take place until 2014......will it all matter then?  My gripe is that help is needed now.  Many folks are not getting much needed medical treatment for fear of financial ruin.

Lori

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 06:23:52 PM »
Part of the plan is to limit Doctors pay.  With this I feel that many good Doctors will leave the field and the not so good will stay on.  This is very dangerous in light of all the medical malpractice suits happening.  And think about this. If any one chooses to have elective laser eye surgery to improve their vision, the fees for this voluntary treatment will be outrageous.  Another thing is this will give the IRS access to your medical savings account,  This could bankrupt many Americans trying to save.

I'm going to start and envelope fund instead of having it in a bank.  I just actually feel safer having it here under my control, not under the governments control.

Archangel

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 06:51:10 PM »
I've been rat holing cash for years now Lori.  I have a big green Safe but with the economy the way it has been even the safe is pretty empty now except for firearm, ammo and knives.  LOL thank goodness for them  ;D.

Lori

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 06:44:24 AM »
We haven't been able to save do to a debt we had, but we paid that debt off this past month.  If my husbands job continues, I plan to take the money that we were paying with the debt and locking it away too.  I have to get one of those safes.  ;D

They are saying that we need to start buying gold.  Or other fine metals.  I just may do this too.

Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 09:11:10 AM »
  I have a big green Safe but with the economy the way it has been even the safe is pretty empty now except for firearm, ammo and knives.  LOL thank goodness for them  ;D.
Ammo may be the next currency,, can't have to much of it.

Yowbarb

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 09:28:02 AM »
ICON now we are in total agreement on that. People need to be prepared to protect themselves, big time.
Blessings,

- Yowbarb

Icon

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 11:55:18 AM »
I don't want to get political, but my views are this,,, We have two political parties to give people the illusion of choice.
When is the last time either party ever said.."Hey, let's give the people back some of their freedoms and rights"?
The only difference, is the speed of the train as it heads to the crash.

Look for huge taxes on things that "cause" health issues. such as guns and ammo. Kinda like the sin tax on cigarettes and alcohol.

This bill gives the government the means to get into every aspect of our lives... it's about control, not healthcare.

Archangel

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 05:44:11 PM »
On the other hand different opinions can be healthy.  Just like on survival,  I believe that we will have to revert back to the way man lived 10,000 years ago.  Man was a hunter and gatherer migrating to survive.  I believe that our shelters and storage of food and water will only be for the initial catastrophe plus enough to get started again.  After whatever happens whether it be by flood's or scorched earth, we will have to come out and adapt to the environment like our ancestors did.  I believe that my group will be far ahead of the game by hunting and gathering as we migrate to survive.  I would hope that the area that we sheltered ourselves before it happens would be the most likely area to settle (and we'd be there) but since we don't know we are prepared to survive along the way.

Again this is just an opinion but by me posting it others may not have thought of it that way and my post may have sparked a new idea.   

Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 09:03:53 PM »
Archangel, I would love to go back to the old Indian way of life,, if I could just keep my A/C.

Bvann

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 10:13:54 PM »
Yeah! And a big glass of ICE tea on a hot summer day. You know, this could become a big list. Probably the people who
will do best in the future will be those who are too young to remember all the comforts and goodies that we have today.

This is why I want A LOT of engineers and inventors to be around post 2012. I want an ice making machine!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:20:13 PM by fox »

Archangel

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 05:38:06 AM »
Archangel, I would love to go back to the old Indian way of life,, if I could just keep my A/C.

Me to Icon LOL.  And like fox I'd like to have a wish list too but...............................

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • “Chance favors the prepared mind."—Louis Pasteur
    • Your Own World USA
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 06:29:53 PM »
1969quartz0 -- Delete this thread?  "Hell no." 

It is 2010 folks.  Wakey wakey.  This pig doesn't squeal until 2014 which means it serves only one purpose between now and 2012/2013.  To milk more cash out of the middle class so the elites can build their bunkers.  That is what this about.  If you think otherwise, you're playing into the bluff.

Marshall

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW