Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Current/New TV Shows and Movies about the end of time  (Read 6083 times)

willsorr75

Current/New TV Shows and Movies about the end of time
« on: September 05, 2011, 01:14:33 PM »
Not sure if this has been done yet, but it would be great if we had a list of recent TV shows and Movies that deal with events that cause a global catastrophe. I've loved these types of movies ever since I watched the original Planet of the Apes. Some of these movies/shows can give some great ideas. I'm just wondering if there are any out there that I haven't seen yet. I will start the list off with a few. Some of you might not agree with some choices, but I feel everyone has their own genre...

1.Walking Dead (TV Show)
2.The Colony (TV Show)
3. 2012 (Movie)

noproblemo2

Re: Current/New TV Shows and Movies about the end of time
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 01:30:11 PM »
Try this link enter 2012, 3 pages of shows
http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/player/national-geographic-channel/

Not sure if this has been done yet, but it would be great if we had a list of recent TV shows and Movies that deal with events that cause a global catastrophe. I've loved these types of movies ever since I watched the original Planet of the Apes. Some of these movies/shows can give some great ideas. I'm just wondering if there are any out there that I haven't seen yet. I will start the list off with a few. Some of you might not agree with some choices, but I feel everyone has their own genre...

1.Walking Dead (TV Show)
2.The Colony (TV Show)
3. 2012 (Movie)

denasfarm

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 07:12:47 PM »
When I had my kidney Stone my daughter bought me the newest "Horton Hears a Who"
I watched it in Awe...

The little Who planet that Horton Hears....
See Spirals in the sky
Feel Temors and quakes
snows in the summer
the water tilts in all the cups and bowls
it gets dark and light and dark and light
all sorts of strange similarities happen.

I was freaked out!!

willsorr75

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 07:36:20 PM »
I watched that with my kids too. I can see the similarities  now that you've mentioned it!

willsorr75

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 07:37:36 PM »
Thx Susan for the info. I have something to look forward to when I'm off this week!

Halldorr

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 09:57:02 AM »
Not out yet but Melancholia - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xsm46s2Gg

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • “Chance favors the prepared mind."—Louis Pasteur
    • Your Own World USA
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 12:42:16 PM »
I just finished watching the Sarah Connor Terminator series.  1st and 2nd season.  What I find interesting is how the character of Sarah Connor is surrounded by folks going through the same grief, but evolving.  All stuck with the same crisis and the people around them are clueless.

Jamesomatic

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 12:55:17 PM »
I recently watched a television series called "Jericho" on Netfilx.  Its premise is not entirely preposterous and although many things were dramatized and others ignored, I found the devolution of society even in the microcosm of a small town to be very interesting.  It certainly made me think.

Thehumbleman1

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 01:17:01 PM »
I watched the movie "9" the other night.  Enjoy the symbolism in that one, lol.

It's not really a "kids" movie per se imo.  Teenager level of thought maybe, animation gives us the belief of for "kids" but this one had alot of irony in it.  God gives a piece of his soul to all of us or consciencenous, all connected, looked obvious in this one.  I've always believed that God put consciencenous in the child on conception, still do, even more so now, not because of the movie though, just makes sense.

I recorded in on pvr to watch again and look at the background more than the foreground.  There's tons of movies with the same, similiar theme.  Almost like they are trying to tell us something.  Hollywood, funny, not really the place to seek wisdom, but its there. 
My all time favorites and only movies I ever purchased were: Lord of the Rings, Matrix(have to say, writing and concept were incredibly done here), Star wars.  Legion was interesting, watched it several times, concept was interesting but writing was a bit weak, I think its a 4 horseman approach.  A good one recently I loved the writing and concept is "The Sunset Limited" - very well done, most impressed with what they were doing there, this one I recommend if you haven't seen it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 05:05:30 PM by Thehumbleman1 »

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW