Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: 2011 and USA - Bad Year for Natural Disasters  (Read 14556 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • “Chance favors the prepared mind."—Louis Pasteur
    • Your Own World USA
2011 and USA - Bad Year for Natural Disasters
« on: September 03, 2011, 09:35:06 AM »
The one thing I'm not seeing these days are scores of emails telling there are no signs of anything coming. - Marshall

Disasters in US: An extreme and exhausting year

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Nature is pummeling the United States this year with extremes.

Unprecedented triple-digit heat and devastating drought. Deadly tornadoes leveling towns. Massive rivers overflowing. A billion-dollar blizzard. And now, unusual hurricane-caused flooding in Vermont.

If what's falling from the sky isn't enough, the ground shook in places that normally seem stable: Colorado and the entire East Coast. On Friday, a strong quake triggered brief tsunami warnings in Alaska. Arizona and New Mexico have broken records for wildfires.

Total weather losses top $35 billion, and that's not counting Hurricane Irene, according to the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration. There have been more than 700 U.S. disaster and weather deaths, most from the tornado outbreaks this spring.

Last year, the world seemed to go wild with natural disasters in the deadliest year in a generation. But 2010 was bad globally, and the United States mostly was spared.

Lori

Re: 2011 and USA - Bad Year for Natural Disasters
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 10:17:30 AM »
I won't explain why I feel we where spared in 2010.  But I think we are all getting the message this year.

Bill

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 01:58:31 PM »
Times, they are a changing.

noproblemo2

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 02:49:38 PM »
My guess, more intensity with the approach of our "friend".

Linda

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 05:39:24 PM »
Oddly enough we're getting wacked by storms one more time here in preparation for our 45 degree 12 hour drop that's supposed to be coming.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that is watching as many resources for natural happenings around the world these days trying to see patterns.

So, question. Does it just seem like there is more intense activity because we're watching more closely or is the information gathering getting better (as the dis-info clowns would have us believe).

I for one do not remember  a year or summer this intense. We have had a storm or two roll through almost every single week this summer. 22 days of above 90 deg weather in Michigan. The norm is 12. Lightning storms like crazy with massive amounts of rainfall, and that's just here. When you add all the other weather anomalies its pretty obvious.

I say there is just more intense activity period!

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 03:28:34 PM »
Gosh Linda, that's bad.. Down here, in Ohio, we've had almost perfect weather all summer. 75 degrees and sunny, with a slight breeze. Oh well.   ed

augonit

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 03:41:41 PM »
Speak for yourself Ed.  In my neck of the woods, the summer was pretty nice and normal for most of it, then it was like hot on top of hot!  Now, it's been very rainy and getting chilly.  I know it's in the upper 50's and lower 60's, but it was over 90 just a couple days ago!

Linda

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 05:03:16 AM »
Ed's just making fun of me :P You know what they say about pay backs Ed!

terrypat

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 05:50:51 AM »
Gosh Linda, that's bad.. Down here, in Ohio, we've had almost perfect weather all summer. 75 degrees and sunny, with a slight breeze. Oh well.   ed

Geez Ed, with weather that nice you guys ought to be doin' the fig leaf wardrobe thing. Welcome to Eden. I guess the poles have shifted

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 08:42:27 AM »
I thought I might remind Linda of the small fact that Football season has started. All is fair in love and football, Linda. You know I love ya, except for a certain saturday in November.   ed

Lori

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 11:24:22 AM »
One of our Big games here is Georgia vs. Georgia Tech.  The other is Georgia vs. FL

Oh and Woodland vs Cartersville. lol

It was so hot here this summer, and now we have beautiful Fall weather in the 60's the past 4 days. It happened real fast too.  The 80's are coming back in the next couple of days but still even that won't be too bad.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 11:31:35 AM by Lori »

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 12:27:58 PM »
Temperatures have been all over the place for the past few weeks. Hot as heck, then almost cold enough to turn on heat. Normal Ohio weather, actually, haha.   ed

terrypat

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 01:10:59 PM »
Other than a 2 yr in a row dryer than normal monsoon season here in the Mohave things are very steady. 100's last week . 90's & desert dryness this week. Good sleeping weather with lows in the 70's at night.

Linda

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 02:59:45 PM »
I thought I might remind Linda of the small fact that Football season has started. All is fair in love and football, Linda. You know I love ya, except for a certain saturday in November.   ed

We shall see Ed! :-* :-* :-* Uh I forgot what's the name of that team?  ??? Buck something?

livewire120v

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 05:44:52 PM »
Hello All,
   Ed and Linda.  My weather here in Ga. has been great except a minor drought towards the end of the summer.  The sudden temperature change Ed experienced is quite normal for Ga. but we are in the subtropic side.  The thing that is unusual is the rainfall.  We have been in a drought (some bad ones during some years and some minor ones during other years) for almost all of the past 20 years.  How about you Ed?
   I have given up on nonproducing plants (lawn and flowers).  I still work to keep my fruit, nut and veggies producing.
   Linda in Ed's defense, I ran across a person that was spreading how bad (hot) the climate in Ga. is and how heat has changed for the worse.  We were both native Georgians.  I have lived here for 49 years.  He said there was virtually no winter.  That winter we had 2 small snows. In the subtropics, that is rare (this was several years ago).  We usually do not get even 1 snow.  He then exclaimed the winter only lasted a month or so.  But that is normal here.  I believe he meant how dry it was.  We must be careful not to cry wolf (lose our authority).  Though I hope the bloggers here will be forgiving if misspoken, we must correct anything that can be used by the mis-info. crowd. 
   I do believe technology has increased our ability to find and report disasters but irregardless, it appears obvious that something is going on weather-wise over the years and appears to be exponentially gaining.  I hear a lot of ideas on this subject but the one that seems most scientifically plausible is the cooling of the planets core.  Spiritual matters are very difficult for me to digest because I tend to be a black and white type personality.  I have improved on this a Little and have a christian faith but I still find my self at odds with most main stream religions on several subjects.  Therefore, I tend to leave out spiritual and a lot of conspiracy matters.
   Oops, I over posted.  One more matter and I will go.  I have posted/printed material that has been misunderstood or improperly expressed my ideas.  I do not intentionally print anything to be offensive, including this post.  If it seems so then I did a poor job of typing my idea.  I am new here (first post) and usually do not post blogs.  I just liked this site.  I will write an introduction when I have time.
   Thanks
          My team embarrasses me most years - Go dirty Birds

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW