Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Bunker Tickets  (Read 9603 times)

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
Re: Bunker Tickets
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 07:18:07 AM »
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm not sure what I'm going to do currently, and I'm not sure where I'm going to run to when the sh*t hits the fan. I guess i will just have to play it by year since I'm on the east coast and most of it is below 2000ft of the sea level.
You are not the only one who is concerned who lives on or near the east coast.  I have heard that 1000 ft above sea level should be sufficient and 100/200 mi inland.  How far are you from the Appalachian Mountains?  Have you ever done any camping?  Check out some of the great information listed on these boards, especially some of the information that Errrv posts.  Do you really think you would want to be underground in the event of a huge earthquake or Tsunami?   Personally, I don't think I would be.  But if you really want to, I think Errrv listed information on how to build a small underground shelter.  (It's posted somewhere here recently).  And are you really 100% sure that the elites and others in bunkers will be the ones to survive?  I don't know, maybe, maybe not.   I even went on a local trip to a nearby "tourist" cavern just to check that out, and I don't know, it kind of creeped me out, but might be good as a last resort.  I think you will find that survival is much more of a mindset, or perhaps more of a spiritual awakening and growth.  Maybe ascension will be the answer, but Knowledge will be your best guide.  Have you researched how to survive during and after the cataclysmic event(s)?  Considered how difficult it most likely will be after such an event, without a large survival skillset, basic farming skills, etc?  Unfortunately the purchase of "tickets to paradise", similar to the old Eddie Money song,  now, just like then, don't really exist.  (Must admit, I always wished they did, but that was just a pipedream!, tickets to paradise that is).  If you haven't already done so, try reading Marshall's book "Planet X Forecast and 2012 Survival Guide".   After I read that book and his new one and then became a member here, I just read as many of the posts from oldest to most recent as I could. Then I listened (or asked a lot of questions and then listened) and took the advise here of so many more experienced than myself as much as possible.  I sure can understand and relate to the initial feelings of panic though, and it's usually for our loved ones and offspring that we worry the most......Hang in there....Hope that helps....

augonit

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2011, 08:28:47 AM »
Survivalism is a mindset.  You have to decide if you are going to do what it takes to survive.  Then commit to it.  It won't be easy, it won't be fun, it won't be pleasant.  But you decide if you will fight to survive, or roll over and die.  Hiding in a hole in the ground is not a permanent solution.  Learn basic skills to survive.  Get the tools you'll need to survive.  The most important thing you can do right now is learn, learn, learn.  Read legitimate books on every aspect of survival.  Don't just focus on one topic--bunkers, learn about how to survive where you are with what you have--a house, maybe an apartment.  Stuff like that.  Be realistic.  Buying tickets to a bunker is just not going to happen.  So, if you want a bunker, get one yourself, build one for yourself, whatever.  Don't let fear overwhelm you into making a bad decision or make you loose your focus.

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 09:01:45 AM »
Survivalism is a mindset.  You have to decide if you are going to do what it takes to survive.  Then commit to it.  It won't be easy, it won't be fun, it won't be pleasant.  But you decide if you will fight to survive, or roll over and die.  Hiding in a hole in the ground is not a permanent solution.  Learn basic skills to survive.  Get the tools you'll need to survive.  The most important thing you can do right now is learn, learn, learn.  Read legitimate books on every aspect of survival.  Don't just focus on one topic--bunkers, learn about how to survive where you are with what you have--a house, maybe an apartment.  Stuff like that.  Be realistic.  Buying tickets to a bunker is just not going to happen.  So, if you want a bunker, get one yourself, build one for yourself, whatever.  Don't let fear overwhelm you into making a bad decision or make you loose your focus.
      Agree 100%  There are so many great books out there, another good one is by John Lofty Wiseman,  "SAS Survival Handbook for any climate in any situatiion".  I haven't read it "cover to cover" but I keep it in my backpack.  I got it thru Amazon, pretty affordable too!  I spend several hours a day reading whenever possible, I think it's critical now to learn as much as possible.  Or download and print info from the web, Mother Earth News, etc. 

augonit

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2011, 09:08:52 AM »
Did he also write a book on survival on an acre?  If so, I have that one which I love!  It inspired me so much.  If he wasn't the writer, it still inspired me.  I subscibe to Mother Earth News.  I love them!  I send them emails with questions I have about problems with my gardens, compost, whatever.  They always respond.  I love those people!

errrv

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2011, 11:12:50 AM »
Following up on learned survival skills,
"if you read how to do it... You might remember some of it. If I show you how to do it, you'll probably remember it. If YOU do it, you WILL remember it."

Practice doing all this stuff.
Erv

Valase

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 11:51:45 AM »
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm not sure what I'm going to do currently, and I'm not sure where I'm going to run to when the sh*t hits the fan. I guess i will just have to play it by year since I'm on the east coast and most of it is below 2000ft of the sea level.
You are not the only one who is concerned who lives on or near the east coast.  I have heard that 1000 ft above sea level should be sufficient and 100/200 mi inland.  How far are you from the Appalachian Mountains?  Have you ever done any camping?  Check out some of the great information listed on these boards, especially some of the information that Errrv posts.  Do you really think you would want to be underground in the event of a huge earthquake or Tsunami?   Personally, I don't think I would be.  But if you really want to, I think Errrv listed information on how to build a small underground shelter.  (It's posted somewhere here recently).  And are you really 100% sure that the elites and others in bunkers will be the ones to survive?  I don't know, maybe, maybe not.   I even went on a local trip to a nearby "tourist" cavern just to check that out, and I don't know, it kind of creeped me out, but might be good as a last resort.  I think you will find that survival is much more of a mindset, or perhaps more of a spiritual awakening and growth.  Maybe ascension will be the answer, but Knowledge will be your best guide.  Have you researched how to survive during and after the cataclysmic event(s)?  Considered how difficult it most likely will be after such an event, without a large survival skillset, basic farming skills, etc?  Unfortunately the purchase of "tickets to paradise", similar to the old Eddie Money song,  now, just like then, don't really exist.  (Must admit, I always wished they did, but that was just a pipedream!, tickets to paradise that is).  If you haven't already done so, try reading Marshall's book "Planet X Forecast and 2012 Survival Guide".   After I read that book and his new one and then became a member here, I just read as many of the posts from oldest to most recent as I could. Then I listened (or asked a lot of questions and then listened) and took the advise here of so many more experienced than myself as much as possible.  I sure can understand and relate to the initial feelings of panic though, and it's usually for our loved ones and offspring that we worry the most......Hang in there....Hope that helps....

I can take a trip to the Appalachian mountains. That would keep me safe from Tsunami's but what else do you think could happen besides Tsunami's. I know how some believe debris will fall but what are your beliefs? This question isn't targeted to just enlightenme.

errrv

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 03:31:09 PM »
Valase, I truly believe the American Indians are the key here. You have to get the nomadic mindset. Im pretty sure there will be no safe spot (except maybe Jerusalem, initially), so you gotta be ready to move & those that make it will be the ones who can be flexible and change along with our mother earth.
Be able to live in the desert, mountains, cities, & forests (I'd stay away from cities). Know techniques to be able to get food, water, & secure shelter in ALL of those areas. Be ready and your gear packed to move at a moments notice. You & your family need to be able to walk long distances with your gear on your back. These are the survival skills you need. This will keep you alive longer than any bunker complex known to man.

I'm pretty sure the deep underground bunkers took a massive hit with the CO & VA quakes. You don't wanna be there when tshtf.

Erv
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 08:11:42 AM by errrv »

augonit

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2011, 07:32:37 AM »
I would avoid cities at all costs.  If I lived in a city, even a small to moderate sized one, the very first thing I'd do is get as far away from it as I could.  It will be utter chaos inside a city.  If you can get to the Appalachians, then go.  Check it out.  I'm thinking of how I could build my own log cabin.  The only problem I see for me right now will be how to get the roof on.  But, I'm sure I could figure it out (eventually!).

But see, even though my first plan is to stay where I am; it's all set up, nice, cozy, etc., I do have a contingency plan.  But no matter which one I have to utilize, I'm depending on myself.  I'm expecting either 0-20 people in my little area to make it.  So I have to think like I'm on my own.

I agree that the American Indians are the key.  They will be able to survive.

errrv

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 08:17:13 AM »
I would avoid cities at all costs.  If I lived in a city, even a small to moderate sized one, the very first thing I'd do is get as far away from it as I could.  It will be utter chaos inside a city.  If you can get to the Appalachians, then go.  Check it out.  I'm thinking of how I could build my own log cabin.  The only problem I see for me right now will be how to get the roof on.  But, I'm sure I could figure it out (eventually!).

But see, even though my first plan is to stay where I am; it's all set up, nice, cozy, etc., I do have a contingency plan.  But no matter which one I have to utilize, I'm depending on myself.  I'm expecting either 0-20 people in my little area to make it.  So I have to think like I'm on my own.

I agree that the American Indians are the key.  They will be able to survive.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0442273118/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1315235683&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0442273118/ref=aw_d_iv_books?is=l&qid=1315235683&sr=8-1
I tell ya, get the $50 & up under ground house book. Easy day building a house.
Erv

augonit

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 08:50:15 AM »
Unfortunately, it's not realistic for me to have an underground shelter.  I already get water in the basement, even a couple days after it rained!  So too much ground water here for me.

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 11:13:32 PM »

I can take a trip to the Appalachian mountains. That would keep me safe from Tsunami's but what else do you think could happen besides Tsunami's. I know how some believe debris will fall but what are your beliefs? This question isn't targeted to just enlightenme.

Valase....Sorry for the delay in replying...I've been involved in a massive undertaking, opening up a small shop in an antique mall to get rid of the last of my collectibles/antiques for $$ for additional food, supplies, etc.  But anyway, I was trying to form a detailed, enlightening response to your question.  But I actually feel the shorter version is the best. 

I, as I believe most here also believe, is there is a large disturbance in our solar system causing all these massive earth changes.  Call it planet X or whatever you prefer.  But really you need to form your own beliefs, what resonates within you personally.  But if you have doubts about the solar system disturbances, observe the world around you.  How could you possibly deny that NOW is the time for you to formulate and act on an intelligent plan, consisting of stocking up on supplies, remaining focused and rational, research on your own if necessary, or relocate if necessary.  Probably your best bet at this point is to atleast have a stay in place plan with supplies and a to go plan with additional supplies.  I hope these were the beliefs you were referring to.  Good luck and additional information can be found within this forum.  Hope this has all helped in your journey and quest for knowledge and information.  Or feel free to PM me again.

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2011, 05:14:09 AM »
Did he also write a book on survival on an acre?  If so, I have that one which I love!  It inspired me so much.  If he wasn't the writer, it still inspired me.  I subscibe to Mother Earth News.  I love them!  I send them emails with questions I have about problems with my gardens, compost, whatever.  They always respond.  I love those people!

Sorry it took so long to reply.  I checked the inside cover and first few pages of my SAS Survival handbook and it didn't mention any previous books.  So I don't think so.  At one time I had a really great book, I think it was called Four Acre Eden that I loved, but I can't seem to locate it.  If you have the name and author of the one you referred to, I would love to read it.  I agree about the Mother Earth News, first began reading it back in the 70's and they are great! 

augonit

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2011, 08:29:23 AM »
I had the wrong guy!  My guy is John Seymour and the book I was talking about is "The Self Suficient Life and How to Live It".  Great book!

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2011, 05:07:54 PM »
I had the wrong guy!  My guy is John Seymour and the book I was talking about is "The Self Suficient Life and How to Live It".  Great book!

Augonit...Thanks for the info on "your guy"...Maybe he'll be my new favorite "guy".  I wish I knew whatever happened to my other book though...I hate when that happens, I probably lent it somebody and they forgot to return it.  (Or worse yet, it got sold accidentally at a yard sale for 50 cents!) Ah well, hopefully the new owner is enjoying and making good use of it.  My apologies for being totally off-topic, maybe we should start a new one on favorite books to bring with us, if it's not already listed somewhere.

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW