Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Will Mosquitoes be the death of us?  (Read 3406 times)

willsorr75

Will Mosquitoes be the death of us?
« on: August 20, 2011, 02:04:37 PM »
Once the population starts to die off. there will be dead bodies all over the place. We won't be able to burn them all.. SO, does anyone know how long a body would have to be dead before mosquitoes quit snacking on them? I'm wondering the mosquitoes will contract deases from the dead, and pass it along to us when they bite us? Maybe a stupid question, but makes me want to stack up on mosquito spray even more, at least until someone tells me otherwise!!

chaunska

Re: Will Mosquitoes be the death of us?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 05:03:34 PM »
I live on a farm and have seen many dead animals and livestock.   I have never seen a mosquito chow down blood from dead livestock.   I don't think it will be a problem.   The main bug is the fly, particularly the blow fly.  I don't think the blood is near the surface of the skin as it pools because of gravity to the side that the animal is laying on.  Also, it would be clotted since it is no longer circulating.   Even ticks dislodge from dead animals.   I think mosquitoes would be a problem with transmitting from live creatures, but not dead ones.

willsorr75

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 05:05:38 PM »
I live on a farm and have seen many dead animals and livestock.   I have never seen a mosquito chow down blood from dead livestock.   I don't think it will be a problem.   The main bug is the fly, particularly the blow fly.  I don't think the blood is near the surface of the skin as it pools because of gravity to the side that the animal is laying on.  Also, it would be clotted since it is no longer circulating.   Even ticks dislodge from dead animals.   I think mosquitoes would be a problem with transmitting from live creatures, but not dead ones.

That makes complete sense.. I'll have to look up the blow fly. Never heard of one... Thx!

willsorr75

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 05:22:58 PM »
That makes complete sense.. I'll have to look up the blow fly. Never heard of one... Thx!
Welcome to the forum....My husband and I looked into TerraVivos, but decided against it.  Too far away for us. 

It's very tempting. The pictures on their website of the facility look really nice.

willsorr75

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 08:53:40 AM »
We thought their concept pictures were too crowded.   One thing I didn't like was the food storage....it just doesn't provide enough room for the amount of food needed.    And when I talked to them last month for our second interview, it didn't seem that they were near ready for fall.    They had an older shelter that needed renovation, but hadn't even started on it at that time.  So we thought it would be better to put our resources into our own shelter.   We don't need flatscreens to survive...plus the distance for us makes it unrealistic.   They really tried to talk us into it though....My husband's a structural Engineer and I am a Survivalist.
The two of you will do well together. I wish we had the same background. My wife is an HR Rep, and I work in Information Technology.. I would do the same if I were you. I'd rather not have to depend on anyone. You never know how bad it's going to get, and you don't want someone else choosing who eats and who doesn't.

bk

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 09:39:46 AM »
Stock up on bug spray the  population will soar.

No one spraying or removing stagnate water they will breed like crazy

http://www.beyondpesticides.org/infoservices/pesticidesandyou/Summer%2002/backyard_mosquito_management.pdf

willsorr75

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 10:15:11 AM »
Stock up on bug spray the  population will soar.

No one spraying or removing stagnate water they will breed like crazy

http://www.beyondpesticides.org/infoservices/pesticidesandyou/Summer%2002/backyard_mosquito_management.pdf

I think I'll print this out just in case, thx!

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW