Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Freedom infractions  (Read 4640 times)

errrv

Freedom infractions
« on: August 16, 2011, 03:41:44 PM »
Howdy all! I wanted to pass on a tidbit I found alarming. I went to UPS and sent a small package with a cable modem in it to Cox Communications. They ID'd me in accordance with Homeland Security protocol (the beast I'll call them now). I may be too old fashioned, but since when do you get ID'd to send mail? To think I have spent my whole adult life defending this nation's citizen's freedoms only to come home & find that those freedoms were taken away by their own government.

Well Hell,
Erv

Linda

Re: Freedom infractions
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 03:52:09 PM »
Well Errrv, we seem to be losing freedoms by the day, sad but true.

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 04:12:36 PM »
I hear ya Erv, sad, sad state of affairs.  I had the same thing happen to me at the Post Office not too long ago.  All I was trying to do was return a book that was sent in error, and I felt like I was being treated like a terrorist or something.  The guy actually had the nerve to ask twice if it was just a book (and explain the penalties for lying for getting a cheaper rate if it's not a book), when I told him I wanted the book rate.  No, I felt like saying it's a book and a bomb but I can't afford the extra buck for shipping!!!!But I kept my mouth shut, cuz heaven only knows what kinda trouble that joke would've got me into!

errrv

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 04:22:19 PM »
Yep

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 05:49:48 PM »
Sad.  Just the begining though...
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

throwback1952

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 06:48:12 PM »
After 911 I was all for homeland security and the patriot act. I thought the only people that need to worry about it were rag head terrorist.
I had a friend with a last name Robinson have his name show up on TSA no fly list at the airport.
Vets coming home and watched like criminals?
Children, family members and old people molested by airport security, no common sense what so ever.
What a mess.

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 07:49:28 PM »
Guys, I got stripsearched in the Dallas airport in July 2003 while flying home on leave from Operation Iraqi Freedom.  They singled me out because I purchased a one-way ticket as I chose to leave my car at home while I was gone and I like to wear cowboy boots.  I was just like, really???  You are going to strip search a US Marine?  You think I am a threat to this country?  I just got home from Iraq for Christ sakes.  And just think... this was long before the TSA nightmare we are enduring nowdays.  Unbelievable how far we have traveled down the road to Communism in the USA.

noproblemo2

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 08:15:21 PM »
Erv, that is ridiculous to simply mail a package !!!!!  >:(

terrypat

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 10:09:43 AM »
I worked for many years in the airline industry in So Cal.  & finally "opt-out" & moved to Az. This was 1991. I didn't realize what I was doing at the time but now I know why I "opt-out" I continue to "opt-out" on a daily basis. I will not deal with brown shirts or jack boots.

asoldierstory

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 11:57:17 AM »
Guys, I got stripsearched in the Dallas airport in July 2003 while flying home on leave from Operation Iraqi Freedom.  They singled me out because I purchased a one-way ticket as I chose to leave my car at home while I was gone and I like to wear cowboy boots.  I was just like, really???  You are going to strip search a US Marine?  You think I am a threat to this country?  I just got home from Iraq for Christ sakes.  And just think... this was long before the TSA nightmare we are enduring nowdays.  Unbelievable how far we have traveled down the road to Communism in the USA.

the same thing happened to me comeing home on leave from iraq in aug 2007 in the Dallas airport, I was in full uniform! I pitched a bitch and they told me "its just because your number was up". the number on my ticket that is. looking for bad guys, well thats one thing but to do it simply because the number on your plane ticket matches thiers is wrong!

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 09:08:58 PM »

the same thing happened to me comeing home on leave from iraq in aug 2007 in the Dallas airport, I was in full uniform! I pitched a bitch and they told me "its just because your number was up". the number on my ticket that is. looking for bad guys, well thats one thing but to do it simply because the number on your plane ticket matches thiers is wrong!

Amazing. Just freaking amazing.  I am now on recruiting duty in Kansas City.  Just the other day I walked into a certain court house, in uniform, that I have been to many times over the last 3 years.  This old man, homeland security guy actually made me empty my pockets, walk through the metal detector, and then gave me the wand.  I didn't say a word but just gave him that, "Really???" look.  He just stood there for the longest time waiting for me to say something.  I knew better than to say a word and he finally said, "Just doing my job Marine."  I said, "I didn't say anything Sir.  It is just that in almost 3 years on recruiting duty, this is the first time I have ever been searched entering a government building in uniform."  He replied, "Just doing my job Marine.  Have a good day."  I was blown away.  If a member of the military cannot enter a federal court house without getting the third degree, then something is seriously wrong in this country.

noproblemo2

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 05:52:50 AM »
The posts in this topic are certainly eye openers of the changes in our times, Thanks for starting this topic Erv

Alfred Williams

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 06:16:03 AM »
We are all considered bad guys until they can be sure we are not, that is their directive and I feel it will get brutally worse by Christmas time when all the package carrying public will be going about with purchases so cleverly disguised as a gift. All we can do is prepare for the ones we love and help those we are able , be kind to strangers but not a door mat and do only good for others. To cause strife will only bring strife and we must be the Humans we need to be. I most likely will try to be helpful on a very local basis. I dread that day the masses start to move{{:>(
It is not what you know.
It is what you do with what you know!!

noproblemo2

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 06:33:19 AM »
We are all considered bad guys until they can be sure we are not, that is their directive and I feel it will get brutally worse  I dread that day the masses start to move{{:>(
Alfred, let's hope it is later rather than sooner, if/when that begins it would be wise to already be in ones safe place tho.

Jimfarmer

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 09:38:40 AM »
If a member of the military cannot enter a federal court house without getting the third degree, then something is seriously wrong in this country.

Well, sad indeed, ... but, imposters in stolen or fake uniforms ???

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW