ilinda, Jimfarmer - THE PLANET X SYSTEM > PLANET X ASTRONOMY

2011 Neumayer Station, Antarctica - Strange Object

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ed Douglas:
At the time of the pics, I checked, and I believe it was about 21 degrees below the horizon, is the closest it was supposed to be.   ed

verach:
Hi! First post from me. Greetings from Bulgaria!
I have the feeling this isn't the moon... Full Moon is supposed to happen on August 13th and this was taken on the 10th of August.
Plus, do see the attached picture from yesterday. This object seems to ignite / illuminates itself the higher it goes... Seems to be visible best from Antarctica... but maybe it is seen as a star by us - elsewhere around the world... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_-9FxHXsTw
Mystery to me...
So, maybe while we are waiting for Elenin to come around and become visible by September 1st, 2011, we might get Planet X / Nibiru instead...
Not that I want this...

chaunska:

--- Quote from: verach on August 13, 2011, 02:21:29 AM ---Hi! First post from me. Greetings from Bulgaria!
I have the feeling this isn't the moon... Full Moon is supposed to happen on August 13th and this was taken on the 10th of August.
Plus, do see the attached picture from yesterday. This object seems to ignite / illuminates itself the higher it goes... Seems to be visible best from Antarctica... but maybe it is seen as a star by us - elsewhere around the world... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_-9FxHXsTw
Mystery to me...
So, maybe while we are waiting for Elenin to come around and become visible by September 1st, 2011, we might get Planet X / Nibiru instead...
Not that I want this...

--- End quote ---

It still appears to be the moon to me, and in the correct phase according to the date on the photo.   I noticed that the moon was very bright on the 11th and pretty full.   It was so bright that I could hardly look at it and you could hardly see the "seas".   Did anyone else notice this? 

Jimfarmer:
"I noticed that the moon was very bright on the 11th and pretty full.   It was so bright that I could hardly look at it and you could hardly see the 'seas'. "

Then, full moonlight without clouds or pollution, reflecting off of the snow, might produce that much light that is illuminating the station.

Ed Douglas:
It is possible, but doesn't look like reflected light.  ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version