Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: 2011 Neumayer Station, Antarctica - Strange Object  (Read 6934 times)

Hammerhead

2011 Neumayer Station, Antarctica - Strange Object
« on: August 10, 2011, 06:40:19 PM »
Looking for confirmation of this heavenly body...is this the moon rising? I think so, but thought I'd post in case it is something else.

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
Re: Neumayer Station, Antarctica - Strange Object
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 12:42:05 PM »
I saw this a while back, and didn't comment. The sun should not rise at all when these pics were taken, and the moon does not put off that much light. That is sunshine.  ed

chaunska

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 03:14:18 PM »
this does look like the moon and in the correct phase.

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 04:53:17 PM »
Yes, I agree, the object in the pics is the moon. However, it isn't producing the light thats illuminating the side of the building.   ed

Hammerhead

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 07:36:03 PM »
Ed, where should the sun be at this time of the year? Below the horizon?

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 12:21:47 PM »
At the time of the pics, I checked, and I believe it was about 21 degrees below the horizon, is the closest it was supposed to be.   ed

verach

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 02:21:29 AM »
Hi! First post from me. Greetings from Bulgaria!
I have the feeling this isn't the moon... Full Moon is supposed to happen on August 13th and this was taken on the 10th of August.
Plus, do see the attached picture from yesterday. This object seems to ignite / illuminates itself the higher it goes... Seems to be visible best from Antarctica... but maybe it is seen as a star by us - elsewhere around the world... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_-9FxHXsTw
Mystery to me...
So, maybe while we are waiting for Elenin to come around and become visible by September 1st, 2011, we might get Planet X / Nibiru instead...
Not that I want this...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 03:49:12 AM by verach »

chaunska

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 05:55:03 AM »
Hi! First post from me. Greetings from Bulgaria!
I have the feeling this isn't the moon... Full Moon is supposed to happen on August 13th and this was taken on the 10th of August.
Plus, do see the attached picture from yesterday. This object seems to ignite / illuminates itself the higher it goes... Seems to be visible best from Antarctica... but maybe it is seen as a star by us - elsewhere around the world... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_-9FxHXsTw
Mystery to me...
So, maybe while we are waiting for Elenin to come around and become visible by September 1st, 2011, we might get Planet X / Nibiru instead...
Not that I want this...

It still appears to be the moon to me, and in the correct phase according to the date on the photo.   I noticed that the moon was very bright on the 11th and pretty full.   It was so bright that I could hardly look at it and you could hardly see the "seas".   Did anyone else notice this? 

Jimfarmer

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 07:59:06 AM »
"I noticed that the moon was very bright on the 11th and pretty full.   It was so bright that I could hardly look at it and you could hardly see the 'seas'. "

Then, full moonlight without clouds or pollution, reflecting off of the snow, might produce that much light that is illuminating the station.

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 10:56:52 AM »
It is possible, but doesn't look like reflected light.  ed

Sunnybug

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 12:01:15 PM »
Ok - I'm not all that knowledgable but do they have vehicles there? The one picture looks like head lights to me. Just going to throw that into the mix.

Sunny

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 12:36:53 PM »
I agree, the one pic looks like artificial lighting. The bottom two pics, of the set of three, looks like sunlight to me. The sun is not above the horizon, according to science, but it appears that science miscalculated, or the tilt of the earth has changed.  The moon reflects light, but not as bright as what is on the building, and for such a short period of time.   ed

ASEEKERTOO

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 03:54:37 PM »
Ok - I'm not all that knowledgable but do they have vehicles there? The one picture looks like head lights to me. Just going to throw that into the mix.
Sunny
I've seen vehicles before, specifically snow plows. I'm sure they have many types
of snow capable vehicles. They appear in the Neymayer photos every now and
then.
About a year ago, before GOOGLE EARTH started
really covering up pictures; I saw snowmobile tracks in the imagery where none
should have been. And lights in a mountain on the coast like it was coming from
a huge open door in the mountain. Wish I had screensaved that imagery. The
snowmobile tracks came from the open door I suspect and traveled many miles.
Now that area is whited out or blurred so that the area is beyond recognition.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 03:56:08 PM by ASEEKERTOO »

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW