Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Our ego  (Read 3787 times)

Mrhappy

Our ego
« on: March 04, 2011, 09:00:45 AM »
I would like to write more on our life, our society, our thoughts and beliefs.

Let’s start here, since a childlike mindset is sometimes helpful to realize the truth.

Go back to your first memory, more than likely it is a good memory tied to it, an emotion of love, kindness, happiness. As a matter of fact, lets go back to a Christmas that you remember when you were young. I'm sure we all have received some sort of gift when we were a child that just opened your eyes and heart that "somebody cares about me" think of how that made you feel. Now do you still have that gift? I bet not, but that feeling that came with that gift means more than the gift its self, so who really cares if you still have it? The memory is what’s important. The materialistic physical thing truly meant nothing; it was that knowledge that somebody thought of you that makes it worthwhile.

Now look at how we think of things today. Most everything in our lives is driven by a couple of things all of which are tied together in an intricate way which we usually look past. Those things are money, fear, ego among others but ultimately most everyone does the same thing. Get up every day, go to work. Why do we go to work? To make money? Why do we make money? Or rather why do we feel the need to make money? We feel the need to make money out of fear of not being able to provide for our children, friends, neighbors, people who we care about. Some people only care about them selves and can’t look past that alone.

What does your life mean? What is the purpose of life? A question which many people, no matter what age they are, cannot give a straight answer to this question. I personally believe that the reason we cannot answer this question is because we all have blinders on. We all look at one thing in this world. Money. Surely that is not the way we are supposed to live our lives. We mean more than just money. We have such capabilities which we just cast aside on our life long search for riches. Our individual drive pushes us to this. This is our tunnel in which we can see. And most of us chose to stay in this tunnel for our entire lives, raising our children in it, teaching them that this is the way that we are supposed to live and it becomes a safe haven for us and our families and children. In reality however, there is a much bigger picture. When will the mass majority of us lovely people with such ambition and drive realize that as a group of people, our power knows no bounds?

I am going to quote a man who believes this very thing, his name is John Major Jenkins. He is a writer who has published many books on this very topic. He stated that as we are now, we all live with an "ego consciousness". That phrase means a lot. Ego means self, consciousness mean your drive, your will, your way of thinking, the choice of how you want to live. The amazing part of us, people, humans, is that we all have this and it is important to have. However there is another part of us that is greater than the ego consciousness. It is the knowledge the will for us to be happy, the drive for that great feeling that you once had as a small child. We all possess that power within us if we make sacrifice for one another. that divine feeling we once had as a child was not because we personally were asked to feel that way, we felt that way because somebody else took the time and made the sacrifices for us to give us the gift which in turn made us happy. If everyone in this world would share that sacrifice, give up yourself and make that choice to brighten somebody else’s day rather than our own... I think that we can change the world.

There are so many things out there that we all see and look at and think wow I don’t like that, but do we ever make the jump? Do we ever take that leap to change these things? I don’t want to get too in depth with my conspiracy theory but this one is simple and I will use it as an analogy. Look up in the sky on a nice clear day. You most likely will see lots and lots of planes streaking the sky leaving trails behind them and by the end of the day you are left with a haze made by these planes. These planes are not leaving "con trails" no no. its things like this that we do in our lives. If you research what this phenomenon is, you most likely won’t be pleased. But the mass majority of people think "I can’t do anything about it nobody will listen and even if they do listen to me, there are people who are in control of everything that won’t let us change it"

I want us all to be better; we all lost our vision of our dreams as a child. Our thoughts of the future are lost in a tunnel of our life. Let’s change that to change the world
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:27:08 PM by Mrhappy »

8hertz

• Lifetime
  • Prolific Member
  • pax
Re: Our ego
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 09:29:10 AM »
Happy,

Thank you for sharing that. I can see that you suffer the same question that I have in this physical world. Nice put.  And yes, this is the reason for my search.  But I feel I do have an answer to our suffering.  We are citizen of the earth.  All Human Begin must reach a collective consciousness to move forward with this change.  In consciousness, if one of us suffers we all feel that suffering.  We need to move forward in a mass not as individual.

8hertz
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 09:32:11 AM by 8hertz »

8hertz

• Lifetime
  • Prolific Member
  • pax
Re: Our ego
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 08:17:55 AM »
The No-Baby Boom By Brian Frazer, by Details Magazine, on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:38am PDT

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/the-no-baby-boom-2503225/

This summer, 28-year-old Anthony Shepherd and his wife of seven years, Cynthia, will fly from China, where they've been teaching English since 2009, to Wisconsin for a vacation. In addition to relaxing, catching up with friends, and attending her brother's wedding, they plan on stopping by a vasectomy clinic. The People's Republic may be notorious for its one-child policy, but the Shepherds' attitude toward reproduction is even more stringent. Call it the zero-child policy.

Even before the Shepherds left Asheville, North Carolina, for Sichuan province, they'd made their life decision based on the experiences of their "childed" friends. "We watched them struggle to pay bills, find suitable apartments or houses to fit their families, and work at jobs they didn't like because they needed the insurance," Cynthia says. So she and Anthony enthusiastically took a pass on parenthood, an increasingly common decision for America's couples.

Considering the state of the economy, it should come as no surprise that the ranks of the child-free are exploding. The Department of Agriculture reports that the average cost for a middle-income two-parent family to support a kid through high school is $286,050 (it's nearly half a million dollars for couples in higher tax brackets). Want him or her to get a college education? The number jumps to nearly $350,000 for a public university, and more than $400,000 for private. Though if your kid's planning to major in Male Sterilization, it could wind up being a good investment: The vasectomy business seems to be one of the few in America that is booming. In the past year, the Associates in Urology clinic in West Orange, New Jersey, has seen a 50 percent jump in the procedure. So you could stress over starting a college fund, or you could consider that you can get a vasectomy at Planned Parenthood for less than the cost of a Bugaboo Cameleon stroller. Unless you're among the less than 2 percent of Americans who farm for a living and might conceivably rely on offspring for free labor, children have gone from being an economic asset to an economic liability.

But for the child-free, the benefits go beyond dollars and cents. There's less guilt, less worry, less responsibility, more sleep, more free time, more disposable income, no awkward conversations about Teen Mom, no forced relationships with people just because your kids like their kids, no chauffeuring other people's kids in your minivan to soccer games you find less appealing than televised chess.

In his best-seller Stumbling on Happiness, Harvard psychologist Daniel Gilbert writes, "Couples generally start out quite happy in their marriages and then become progressively less satisfied over the course of their lives together, getting close to their original levels of satisfaction only when their children leave home." No wonder so many are choosing to spend their entire marriages as empty-nesters. A 2009 University of Denver study found that 90 percent of couples experienced a decrease in marital bliss after the birth of their first child. And in a 2007 Pew survey, just 41 percent of adults stated that children were very important for a successful marriage, down from 65 percent in 1990. Meanwhile, nearly one in five American women now ends her reproductive years without children, up from one in ten in the 1970s.

This isn't just an American trend. Global birth rates dropped from six children per woman to 2.9 between 1972 and 2008 as people migrated to cities. One Italian mayor has resorted to bribery to restock his town, offering couples $15,000 for each child they produce. Germany's baby shortage results in an annual population loss of 100,000. And the sheep-to-human ratio in New Zealand, which currently stands at 10 to 1, seems sure to increase, since a staggering 18 percent of adult men there have elected to get vasectomies.

8hertz

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW