Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Comet Elenin — Is it Time to Head for the Hills?  (Read 20409 times)

augonit

Re: Comet Elenin — Is it Time to Head for the Hills?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 03:21:49 PM »
I don't think the Appalachians are or will be unsafe, and I never will.  I think most mountain ranges would be a good spot to go.

denasfarm

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 03:44:50 PM »

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 04:04:47 PM »
Well, I guess what it comes down to, is nothing is going to be 100% guaranteed safe, and you have to rely on your instincts and form your own best opinion based on the best resources and facts.  The info you mentioned, actually only reaffirmed my thoughts of the Appalachians probably being a very good bet for many reasons, and as Barb has stated it's one of the oldest and most stable mountain regions.  You got Yellowstone out west,which I want to stay as far away from as I can, major faultlines out west and midwest (just minimal ones out here) and I think the map only showed Appalachia in a good light.  Maybe I'm prejudice, but I'm staying with my gut instinct on this one and staying put in the Appalachian mountains here in PA.  I might consider WV or TN if I was not already rooted here.  Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

augonit

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 05:54:56 PM »
No place ever in any time period in any circumstance is 100% safe.  There will always be something "unsafe" about the area.  My gut instinct is to stay where I am, but if I have to I'll go only about 30 miles away into the hills.

Jimfarmer

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 07:27:35 PM »
Hi denasfarm,
Thanks for the reply with links.

1)  Re the map at http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c266/Terral03/ELESafeZoneMap2.jpg :
*  Yellowstone will not blow (for the hundredth time, it seems -- sorry)  See https://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=2596.msg35075;topicseen#msg35075
*  Elenin is not a dwarf star.
*  There are several large cities near to the Ozarks, and all of those people will be running to high ground, so no good.  Plenty ex-military people are already in the Ozarks.

2)  Re the comments by Terral at http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1511297/pg1
*  Yes, watch out for radiation from destroyed nuclear power plants.  Remember:  after the pole shift, the new West will be the old North, and winds will come from that direction.  Nuclear plants in the Ozarks will not be exempt from eventual abandonment.

Carolyn Simpson

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 03:45:33 AM »
Thanks for the Info:
What topic would I look under to find the info for the camp in the Ozarks, I read it the other day.  I guess it got deleted.  I started looking for a trailer, water purifier, gadgets to buy.   When I went back to get the directions I couldn't find it.   I used to be a asst cub scout leader.  It's pretty hard to find which dirt road to go down in the dark if people dont have a ham radio, greeters, or street signs, it's easy to get lost. 
denasfarm:  Sounds great with wells and chickens.  Hope for the best. 
MrMexBiker:  I might be interested in underground solution, if I can't go East, I may go West.

http://www.earthtools.org   third arrow down highlight "Elevation" / put in your location

« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 09:08:41 PM by Morgana2012 »

Montanabarb

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 07:11:31 AM »
No place ever in any time period in any circumstance is 100% safe.  There will always be something "unsafe" about the area.  My gut instinct is to stay where I am, but if I have to I'll go only about 30 miles away into the hills.

Auggie:  Your comment completely and vividly sums up my position.  I find it disturbing that not only are people still discussing "safe" locations, but many who have been "knowing" for some time now are trying to time their "bug-out" almost down to the minute before disaster. What are they waiting for? Oh yes, proof. Sorry, that will be too late.

I feel that the biggest burden these folks will carry with them is the old paradigm.  Everything we have been taught as the truth will be shown to be a lie. One of the greatest is the fear of "death."  It doesn't exist!  We will be changed, but we cannot die.  My research has brought me to the conclusion that those who will survive the coming catastrophe in the physical form have already been chosen, so these so-called "safe" areas are irrelevant.  Safe from what?  From evacuating this weak, diseased vessel that has been decaying since the day it entered the earth?  Is this life really so great that we want to cling to it at all costs?  Frankly, I feel completely unworthy to be one of the transition team, those who will be asked to remain here physically. But if I am, I will realize that helping the terrified, unprepared people get through it will be the greatest responsibility and task I've ever encountered.  Every bit of my preparations at this point, every can of stored food, every piece of silver purchased, is being geared toward helping other people. 

Ruin is the road to transition.  Ruin must come, so the transition can take place. I carry trepidation, sure, but I'm also excited and feel honored to be here during this time of evolution for the human race.  I only want to help.

This viewpoint is not religion. It is pure science, laced with faith and spirituality.

errrv

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 07:59:02 AM »
Howdy Montanabarb! :D
I'm personally not in my safe location because 1) because I just woke up this year 2) I can't do it financially.. Gotta take it by force 3) according to all you guys, I'm already in one of the safest spots around; my gut tells me it's not safe here.

I personally, would have a different view on everything if I didn't have 3 young kids. That changes the whole ballgame. I'm not the only one on the board with kids. It's hard to drag your kids all over, then keep them out of school so they can live in a cave because I think a giant dwarf star is coming to wreak havoc on the planet.

I'm very fortunate that Marshall brought me to the site, because I have been feasting on the info since i got here.
My plan is to load all my supplies into a uhaul trailer & head up in elevation. West. I need another pay check to do that. Once I get to where I'm going, I will be dipping in to my stored goods at that point and I'm not looking forward to that! Especially the toilet paper! :D

Anyways, I just wanted to try & let you know where some of us are coming from. I'm new to the game!
Take care,
Erv

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2011, 09:17:07 AM »
Barb,(of the north), your attitude is the reason you have been chosen. We are all here for a reason, knowing there is 'something' out there, coming to change, or take your life on earth.   ed

noproblemo2

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2011, 09:46:28 AM »
Barb,(of the north), your attitude is the reason you have been chosen. We are all here for a reason, knowing there is 'something' out there, coming to change, or take your life on earth.   ed
Agree Ed, good job Barb (of the North)

Montanabarb

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2011, 08:15:41 PM »
Howdy Montanabarb! :D
I'm personally not in my safe location because 1) because I just woke up this year 2) I can't do it financially.. Gotta take it by force 3) according to all you guys, I'm already in one of the safest spots around; my gut tells me it's not safe here.

I personally, would have a different view on everything if I didn't have 3 young kids. That changes the whole ballgame. I'm not the only one on the board with kids. It's hard to drag your kids all over, then keep them out of school so they can live in a cave because I think a giant dwarf star is coming to wreak havoc on the planet.

I'm very fortunate that Marshall brought me to the site, because I have been feasting on the info since i got here.
My plan is to load all my supplies into a uhaul trailer & head up in elevation. West. I need another pay check to do that. Once I get to where I'm going, I will be dipping in to my stored goods at that point and I'm not looking forward to that! Especially the toilet paper! :D

Anyways, I just wanted to try & let you know where some of us are coming from. I'm new to the game!
Take care,
Erv

Wow, Erv! The last thing I wanted to do was come across preachy and insensitive to those people here who have kids to worry about.  I especially empathize with you. I have a multitude of grandkids, and being a grandparent brings a whole new level of love and devotion, and a fierce protective instinct I didn't even know I was capable of.  However, I do believe that these kids now being born may very well be our saviors.  They seem to be born with an intelligence and intuition that is stunning.  I know, I know, we hear all kinds of things about the downfall of America's youth. BULL!  We only hear the bad news. I stand in complete awe of these kids, and I feel that your taking on the job of nurturing them (Indigos?) is one of the most noble and important for the future (if we get to have one  ;).

BTW, we explored the rumored cave today. It involved climbing over a mile up a 7,500 foot mountain.  I'm so tired I can't give a report, but I promise I will very soon.  I took lots of pics, if I can figure out how to post them.

errrv

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2011, 09:44:14 PM »
Thanks Montanabarb!
I did a little climbing my self on Saturday. Only 2000ft. Wore me out pretty good though 103.0F and humid on top of that. 45 degree slope!

Yes, I am trying to nurture my kids. They are very different than other kids, maybe special? I don't know. They are extremely sensitive... Light noise etc. All three are the same. Docs had them so sedated on drugs till my ex moved out. Now they clean & are open- like receptors??? I think they might be able to see things that I cannot, maybe even the things to come. They know things that I don't; stuff like that. They tell me wierd little stories and I ask them if they dreamed it, they say no; it just happened & they saw it. ???? They tell me about people they met, but I'm with them all the time & we haven't met anyone.... Stuff like that.

Anyways I will do my best to protect them at all costs.
Erv

noproblemo2

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2011, 10:00:02 PM »
Thanks Montanabarb!
I did a little climbing my self on Saturday. Only 2000ft. Wore me out pretty good though 103.0F and humid on top of that. 45 degree slope!

Yes, I am trying to nurture my kids. They are very different than other kids, maybe special? I don't know. They are extremely sensitive... Light noise etc. All three are the same. Docs had them so sedated on drugs till my ex moved out. Now they clean & are open- like receptors??? I think they might be able to see things that I cannot, maybe even the things to come. They know things that I don't; stuff like that. They tell me wierd little stories and I ask them if they dreamed it, they say no; it just happened & they saw it. ???? They tell me about people they met, but I'm with them all the time & we haven't met anyone.... Stuff like that.

Anyways I will do my best to protect them at all costs.
Erv
Erv, proud of you for doing such a difficult job, raising kids in the best of times is not easy, you are really a wonderful parent in my book !!!!

errrv

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2011, 10:13:06 PM »
Anxious to hear the show. Another ELE link for you: ELE now 80,000km dia.http://youtu.be/iU0lIW8JV-0

Spaceobs.com
Leonid Elenin
As I wrote earlier, NASA is interested in observing Comet C/2011 X1 (Elenin) with the space coronagraphs SOHO and STEREO. Not long ago I received a reply from Joseph B. Gurman to the effect that starting July 17 they will be running pointing tests on the space telescope STEREO-B. The spacecraft will be rotated as will be necessary to do in the future to observe the comet. If all the tests are successful, of which the STEREO team has no doubt, they will observe Comet Elenin from July 31 to August 12, two hours a day. The minimal distance (July 31 2011, 12:40 UT) between comet and spacecraft will be 7.4 million km (0.049 AU). Plans to observe the comet using SOHO with different fliters are also in the works.

At the moment the comet is not yet attainable photographically from our observatory. Observers near the equator can observe it longer, but unless the comet breaks up near perihelion, we will be able to observe it in all its glory starting the beginning of October. I hope the nucleus of the comet will survive and it will give us a beautiful view.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:15:54 PM by errrv »

noproblemo2

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2011, 11:10:22 PM »
And the final shuttle launch goes up this week also

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW