Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: 7.4M Alaska  (Read 4685 times)

8hertz

• Lifetime
  • Prolific Member
  • pax
7.4M Alaska
« on: June 23, 2011, 08:40:22 PM »
Major quake hits Pacific off Alaska, tsunami warning issued

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:30PM EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A major earthquake of 7.4 magnitude hit in the Pacific Ocean on Thursday 107 miles east of Atka, Alaska, and at a depth of about 25 miles in the Pacific Ocean, and a tsunami warning was in effect for coastal Alaska, the U.S. Geologic Survey said.

(Writing by Philip Barbara, editing by Peter Cooney)

8hertz

TheSwordOfDemocles

Re: 7.4M Alaska
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 05:36:44 AM »
And a 6.3 Santa Cruz Islands, 06:33 UTC 24-6-11

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:38:16 AM by TheSwordOfDemocles »

Yowbarb

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 06:21:00 AM »
oops,  Why isn't there any news on this?  I know why they are too busy talking about this mobster arrested in CA.

I checked for it on CNN last night and it was there... this is an update from today but it was there - a written on the CNN page last night. I usually check CNN BBC and TWC...
This below is a news video. - Yowbarb

Earthquake rocks parts of Alaska updated 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
A strong earthquake rocks the Pacific Ocean south of Alaska.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/06/24/bpr.alaska.earthquake.cnn

TheSwordOfDemocles

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 08:52:03 AM »
It is obvious the mainstream media is suppressing news a bout earthquakes. They can't have  the Sheepeople getting excited and panicky.

I went to your link................Lol.... got Mrs Obama doing press ups with Desmond Tutu (I think it was him)  :P . This is far more news worthy than a little old M7.3 quake in Alaska.

Have you noticed these quakes are moving clockwise around the ring of fire.

Yowbarb

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 10:00:46 AM »
It is obvious the mainstream media is suppressing news a bout earthquakes. They can't have  the Sheepeople getting excited and panicky.

I went to your link................Lol.... got Mrs Obama doing press ups with Desmond Tutu (I think it was him)  :P . This is far more news worthy than a little old M7.3 quake in Alaska.

Have you noticed these quakes are moving clockwise around the ring of fire.

Sword I'm not saying the media doesn't downplay earth changes but it seems they do get reported. This is the title of the video I mentioned; there are other news stories in the video too. 
Latest video: http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/24/alaska.earthquake/index.html?hpt=us_c2

The story was reported in the wee hours of the morning, on CNN. I saw the story myself.
Link to news story from about 5 AM. This is an update too there were a couple of earlier stories.

Tsunami warning is canceled following Alaska quake
By the CNN Wire Staff

June 24, 2011 5:41 a.m. EDT
(CNN) -- A tsunami warning has been canceled for a number of coastal communities in Alaska following a magnitude 7.2 earthquake that struck Thursday near the Aleutian Islands, officials said.

The strength of the earthquake, which was initially reported with a magnitude of 7.4, was revised to a magnitude 7.2, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

"No destructive tsunami has been recorded, and no tsunami danger exists along the coast of the U.S," the Tsunami Warning Center said.

The warning, which was issued for a 250-kilometer (155 mile) radius from the epicenter, covered the coastal communities from Unimak Pass, located about 80 miles northeast of Dutch Harbor, to Amchitka Pass, about 125 miles west of Adak.

(Video) http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/24/alaska.earthquake/index.html?hpt=us_c2
Added On June 24, 2011

A strong earthquake rocks the Pacific Ocean south of Alaska.
U.S. News - Headlines, Stories and Video from CNN.com
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 10:06:01 AM by Yowbarb »

8hertz

• Lifetime
  • Prolific Member
  • pax
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 10:36:34 AM »
Just for consideration,

I got the news on Reuters on my ipad app, maybe with the 15 minute after it happen.

8hertz

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW