Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Dis-information on the Net.........is a real problem.  (Read 4082 times)

TheSwordOfDemocles

Dis-information on the Net.........is a real problem.
« on: June 05, 2011, 11:08:59 AM »
I found this article which purports to be an interview with NASA. It is plainly designed to muddy the waters in a amateurish sort of way.

Notice how there are no names mentioned in the article. There is a video of David Morrison,  NAI Senior Scientist. This video has been available on YouTube for some time, obviously we are meant to think this video was given for this particular article.

Anyway have a read: http://members.beforeitsnews.com/story/689/351/The_End_of_the_World_2012:_NASA_Tells_All.html

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
Re: Dis-information on the Net.........is a real problem.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 11:25:14 AM »
When he says that this solar cycle will be normal, you know he is lieing. All of science has said that this cycle will be many times worse than originally thought. "Never A Straight Answer".     ed

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 11:31:46 AM »
Very true, Bill. And, if Marshall,or any of us here on the Townhall, made some intensely false statements, and got caught in even one little lie, it would ruin the credibility of the person, and maybe more. Credibility is what makes this forum better than the others. That, and the fact that we are very selective as to whom we approve for membership. Good people (and we have many) make for good discussion.    ed

_cj_

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 11:52:33 AM »
When he says that this solar cycle will be normal, you know he is lieing. All of science has said that this cycle will be many times worse than originally thought. "Never A Straight Answer".     ed

hi ed - the original prediction for an active cycle 24 wa made in 2007 .... original paper linked below.
in the last couple of years it has been fairly unanimous that cycle 24 will be weak, indeed more like the prediction made of cycle 25

references

original papers http://www.ucar.edu/news/releases/2006/sunspot.shtml and http://www.landscheidt.info/images/sc24_predictions.pdf

up to date predictions  http://www.ann-geophys.net/28/1463/2010/angeo-28-1463-2010.pdf and http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/SolarCycle/SC24/index.html

regards,

alex

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 12:00:39 PM »
The updates to expectations are very recent, especially the announcement by Michio kaku on Fox news.  ed

inselemel

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 12:12:18 PM »
Totally true re disinformation on the net that's why i for one am very pleased to be a member of this site as i haven't a clue about the science stuff   ??? - and greatly appreciate this site as i feel i can trust the people on this site to a give a fair assessment of the information that is out there.  I know obviously a lot is still to play out but it is good to read intelligent discussion and debate on topics even tho it might be way over head sometimes.

Thanks again folks.

augonit

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 12:20:24 PM »
The dis-information is not limited to the net.  It's also in books too, which is a shame.  I don't just mean fictional stuff, but also supposedly legitimate scientific books as well.  I'm just glad I'm not in college anymore and would have to rely on all the crap out there for research papers.  IMO at least 95% of everything online is a lie, or based on lies.

_cj_

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 12:29:01 PM »
The updates to expectations are very recent, especially the announcement by Michio kaku on Fox news.  ed

as far as i recall Kaku was just talking about the impact of a solar storm on modern infrastructure ( which i completely agree with ) not the size of cysle 24

Regards,

alex

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 01:14:16 PM »
The appearance on the news I speak of, is when he admitted the physics community underststaed the severity of the coming solar maximum, by a factor of twenty.   ed

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW