Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: magic back?  (Read 6861 times)

rodfergie

magic back?
« on: March 30, 2011, 12:11:31 PM »
I was talking to a friend and she brought up a, well, a interesting idea.  She said that the galactic plane that we are going back into next year is where magic lives.  She insists that all the legends about monsters and magic are true, but when we last left the galactic plane (or went to the other side of it), we left where the magic is.  I can't say I believe her in any way, but I was curious if anybody else thought this, and if anybody had any idea what life would be like if she was right.

Yowbarb

Re: magic back?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 12:40:33 PM »
I was talking to a friend and she brought up a, well, a interesting idea.  She said that the galactic plane that we are going back into next year is where magic lives.  She insists that all the legends about monsters and magic are true, but when we last left the galactic plane (or went to the other side of it), we left where the magic is.  I can't say I believe her in any way, but I was curious if anybody else thought this, and if anybody had any idea what life would be like if she was right.

Hi I feel that is slightly possible.
I have no doubt that spiritual beings used to be able to do more than they do now, and perhaps it has something to do with the planetary civilization we are in, the culture around us... and as you said even the "location."
I feel if  "magic" or we could say, "magick" comes back we will all be able to do more in the physical universe wherein our bodies dwell and function... how this impacts the actual, spiritual world, not sure...
 :)

Yowbarb

Jimfarmer

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 06:13:56 PM »
"the galactic plane that we are going back into next year"

From https://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=1040.msg10900;topicseen#msg10900
[start quote]
the Solar System is at least 20 light-years away from the galactic plane.  From   http://seds.org/messier/more/mw.html  "Our solar system is thus situated within the outer regions of this galaxy, well within the disk and only about 20 light years 'above' the equatorial symmetry plane".  Other sources give other values, but I have not seen any lower figure.

This from http://www.idialstars.com/egp.htm  :
[start inside quote]
We Don't Physically Pass Through Galactic Plane

Yes, even though the Sun appears to cross the galactic equator (plane) twice a year, we don't physically pass through the galactic plane. I admit the concept seems difficult to grasp, but let's see if we can bring it all down to Earth.

Step outside with a Hula-Hoop, and if possible, find an unobstructed horizon. Stick your head in the middle of this Hula-Hoop, and incline the Hula-Hoop plane about 60 degrees to the plane of your horizon. (No need to fuss. Guessing 60 degrees works just fine.) Note that half of the Hula-Hoop is backdropped by the sky, and the other half is backdropped by the terrain. Note that two points on the Hula-Hoop align with the horizon.

Obviously, the points at which the Hula-Hoop intersect the horizon are not points at which the Hula-hoop physically passes through the horizon. In this thought-experiment, your eye represents the Sun, the Hula-Hoop depicts the Earth's orbital path, and the terrain out to the horizon represents the galactic plane. The two points on the Hula-Hoop that intersect the horizon are analogous to the two points on the Earth's orbital path where the Earth and Sun appear to align with the galactic equator (plane).
[end inside quote]
[end quote]

ASEEKERTOO

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 09:40:09 AM »
read a nasa paper yesterday that states the sun DOES actually cross the galactic plane about once every 35 million years. If I find
the article again I'll post it but basically I stumbled upon it and may never find it again.
Ah, got it. A long quote from it here.

"To predict the length of time between the Solar System's crossings of the galactic plane, astronomers have had to gauge the up-and-down motion statistically, using the numbers and the velocities of many sample stars distributed above and below the plane. The mathematical analysis then yields as a final result both the period of the up-and-down motion and the space density of matter in the flat galactic disk. In the same way that a pendulum swings much faster on Earth than in a low-gravity environment, such as an Earth-orbiting spacecraft, the surprisingly large space density found in the galactic disk gives the Solar System an unexpectedly short up-and-down period of 30 to 35 million years. This new measurement agrees uncannily well with the known impact cratering period on Earth. And it is likely that another big impact on Earth will happen sometime soon, at least within the next million years, because the inner Solar System seems to be in a comet shower now."

http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/briefs/stothers_03/
In the scheme of things and given the wide berth of 35million years perhaps we could be feeling effects from the crossing even if it
is 500,000yrs to 1 million years before it actually happens. Shrug, don't know anything except strange days are upon us.

Jimfarmer

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 10:50:49 AM »
"the sun DOES actually cross the galactic plane about once every 35 million years."

Yes, I have seen that figure also.  One source says that the period of oscillation is about 65 million years, which means that the Solar System crosses the galactic plane approximately every 33 million years, once on the way "up" and once on the way "down" within one period.

rodfergie

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 09:25:23 PM »
Wow, this got off topic real fast!   :P :P ;D ;D :D :D

Yowbarb

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 10:04:52 PM »

_cj_

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 12:09:47 AM »
my bank balance seems to have a magic black hole where things just disappear  :'(

Yowbarb

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 12:15:29 AM »
Time to materialize some wealth and get some shelters built!
 ;D

_cj_

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 04:46:42 AM »
abracadaba ............... nope didnt work

Yowbarb

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 07:45:28 AM »
abracadaba ............... nope didnt work

Try "The charm of making"  hehe
- image from Excalibur. One of my faves.   - YB

..............................................................................................

rodfergie

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 02:34:38 PM »
You guys need to reread your Harry Potter.  ;D :P

Yowbarb

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 04:09:51 PM »
You guys need to reread your Harry Potter.  ;D :P

;D

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW