Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Book: Canning and Preserving For Dummies  (Read 6590 times)

Yowbarb

Book: Canning and Preserving For Dummies
« on: November 24, 2010, 09:26:42 PM »
Canning and Preserving For Dummies [Paperback]  ISBN-10: 0470504552
Amelia Jeanroy (Author), Karen Ward 4.5 out of 5 stars   
http://www.amazon.com/Canning-Preserving-Dummies-Amelia-Jeanroy/dp/0470504552/ref=acc_glance_hg_ai_purchase_similarities_t_3From ICON:

"Having a survival garden for hard times is a great idea, but veggies and fruits going to waste is not so great. You can only use so much at one time, so saving your harvest for later use is a must.

If you're into canning, you may already know that the Ball Blue Book is a great book on canning.
I do not think think it's for the beginner though. Still, it's my choice of canning books.
No need to get the latest issue, as it's about the same as past issues, maybe just a few new recipes, though I would stay within a 10 year range.
Survival is about canning your harvest, not cooking meals for the Ritz, so a lot of this book is more than I will ever use.

If you're starting out,  Canning and Preserving For Dummies  is for you.
Makes things a bit simpler.
This is a great book to have.   

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ 0470504552/yourownworldusa

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 12:23:35 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

Re: Book: Canning and Preserving For Dummies
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 01:36:37 PM »
Canning and Preserving For Dummies [Paperback]  ISBN-10: 0470504552
Amelia Jeanroy (Author), Karen Ward 4.5 out of 5 stars   
http://www.amazon.com/Canning-Preserving-Dummies-Amelia-Jeanroy/dp/0470504552/ref=acc_glance_hg_ai_purchase_similarities_t_3

This review is from ICON:
"Having a survival garden for hard times is a great idea, but veggies and fruits going to waste is not so great. You can only use so much at one time, so saving your harvest for later use is a must.

If you're into canning, you may already know that the Ball Blue Book is a great book on canning.
I do not think think it's for the beginner though. Still, it's my choice of canning books.
No need to get the latest issue, as it's about the same as past issues, maybe just a few new recipes, though I would stay within a 10 year range.
Survival is about canning your harvest, not cooking meals for the Ritz, so a lot of this book is more than I will ever use.

If you're starting out,  Canning and Preserving For Dummies  is for you.
Makes things a bit simpler.
This is a great book to have.   

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ 0470504552/yourownworldusa

Deathanyl

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 02:40:02 PM »
go dehydrator and vacuum sealing as your after chaos solution as the bags can some times be reused and finding empty cans after will be a real... well it will be difficult... So as Canning now is an excellent thing after not so much... also while shoping buy your smoke box now so you can have a Manufactured one for meats rather then having to build your own after, trust me you'll have enough chores once Chaos sets in.

noproblemo2

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 02:46:56 PM »
Love my dehydrator I got a couple months ago, 5 level roatating one. Use the heck out of it too. I always get extra fruits and veggies at the market now to dehydrate. Yes the bags are a cinch to wash and reuse again after drying them well.

Yowbarb

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 03:47:53 PM »
go dehydrator and vacuum sealing as your after chaos solution as the bags can some times be reused and finding empty cans after will be a real... well it will be difficult... So as Canning now is an excellent thing after not so much... also while shoping buy your smoke box now so you can have a Manufactured one for meats rather then having to build your own after, trust me you'll have enough chores once Chaos sets in.

Deathanyl and also Susan, here is a good topic to post in, if you come across books or products on
Amazon for (non canning) food preservation.  Marshall's Survival Library.
Post the book or survival product from Amazon, and the ISBN or ASIN -
Fit it into the categories I already set up... I posted topics which line up with Marshall topics in the amazon library.
All The Best, Yowbarb

https://planetxtownhall.com/index.php/topic,1397.0.html

Food and Storage: Food Preserving without Freezing or Canning, Books
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:49:59 PM by Yowbarb »

bk

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW