Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: History of Gun Control  (Read 5920 times)

CaveDiver

History of Gun Control
« on: October 09, 2010, 04:52:04 PM »
This is dated material, but very relevant.
Dan Dean

Gun history
After reading the following historical facts,
read the part about Switzerland, twice.

In 1929, the   Soviet Union established gun control.  From 1929
to 1953, about 20,000,000 dissidents, unable to defend
themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
 ------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control.  From 1915 to 1917,
1..5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were
rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945,
a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend
themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935.  >From 1948 to 1952, 20
million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were
rounded up and exterminated 

Guatemala established gun control in 1964.  >From 1964 to 1981,
100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were
rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970.  From 1971 to 1979,
300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded
up and exterminated
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977,
one million educated people, unable to defend themselves,
were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th
Century because of gun control: 56,000,000!!!
It has now been 16 months since gun owners in Australia      (Very Dated)
were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms
to be destroyed by their own Government, a program costing
Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.  The first
year statistics are now in:
Australia-wide:  Homicides are up 3.2 percent.
Australia-wide:  Assaults are up 8.6 percent.
Australia-wide:  Armed robberies are up 44 percent..

Victoria-wide:  Homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.
                        (Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned
                        them in, the criminals did not, so criminals still
                        possess their guns!)

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady
decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed
drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now
are guaranteed that their prey are unarmed.
There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and
assaults of the ELDERLY.  Australian politicians are at a loss to
explain how public safety has decreased, after such
monumental effort, and expense was expended in successfully
ridding Australian society of guns.  The Australian experience
and the other historical facts above prove it.
You won't see this data on the U.S. evening news,
or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property
and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding
citizens..

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!
The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please
remind them of this history lesson.
With guns, we are 'citizens.'
Without them, we are 'subjects'.
During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America
because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control
message to all of your friends and relatives
The purpose of fighting is to win.  There is no possible victory
in defense.  The sword is more important than the shield, and
skill is more important than either.  No weapon can be properly
used or wielded without the brain.
SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN!
SWITZERLAND 'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT TO WHOM
THEY ISSUE A RIFLE.
SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN-RELATED CRIME
RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!
IT'S A NO-BRAINER, FOLKS!!
DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS
IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET
OR WORSE, A CHALK OUTLINE.

I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment!
If you are too, please forward this note.
Just consider how powerful our government is getting!
OUR GOVERNMENT THINKS THESE OTHER COUNTRIES
SIMPLY DIDN'T DO IT RIGHT.   WELL, LEARN A LESSON
FROM HISTORY!! 
In God We Trust 

noproblemo2

Re: History of Gun Control
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 05:00:20 PM »
And don't forget Mexico where guns are illegal, BUT, the badguys ALL have them !!!

Bill

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 05:36:02 PM »
This current gov. Would be the one to try and take our weapons away.

Jimfarmer

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 05:54:08 PM »
Interesting info, Dan.
But, the society and political situation in Switzerland are quite different from those in the other countries mentioned.  Still, I reckon that there is a larger lesson there, or maybe several lessons.

Yowbarb

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 12:29:30 AM »
Unfortunately all those young people at that Norwegian camp and the adults who could have protected and even the nearby police none of them had guns. Gun control was so complete in Norway that the psycho terrorist Norwegian killer just took pot shots at them for an hour and killed  a lot of them.

Linda

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 08:13:34 PM »
Are you saying that the Police in Norway don't even carry guns Barb? That's pretty incredible. It's insane to think how that guy picked off those kids at the camp, so very awful.

throwback1952

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 09:53:33 PM »
Wow, This guy pulled the trigger over 80 times killing over 80 young unarmed people just starting there lives.
Mind numbing 

Montanabarb

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 07:11:08 AM »
Are you saying that the Police in Norway don't even carry guns Barb? That's pretty incredible. It's insane to think how that guy picked off those kids at the camp, so very awful.

Somewhere I heard a report may have been BBC will try to find the reference. He was shooting at the young people like fish in a barrel on and off taking his time for over one hour.
No doubt some sort of police or swat had guns but I think they were not right in that area...

You are right Barb.  I saw/heard that too, on some of the first broadcasts.  The Norwegian local police, who do not carry firearms, had to wait for the SWAT team, who do carry guns.

It would be interesting for people to study the firearms laws and policies in different countries around the world, mostly in western countries.  The ones I felt the most amazement toward, where the citizens lobbied for the law and walked into centers to willingly give up their arms to a crusher, were Australia, Canada and Great Britain. (I haven't studied whether local police carry weapons in those countries.)

While writing my third book, I came upon a story about two felons who broke out of jail in Iowa and fled by freight train over 800 miles into Canada, carrying two handguns each. They committed several burglaries in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and were intercepted by the constables, who carried only billy clubs (truncheons.)  Several of the policemen tried to arrest the pair, who opened fire with all four guns, shooting one young officer in the abdomen.  They then led the constables on a chase through the streets at a run, firing an estimated thirty five shots, and were finally apprehended by two civilians, who tackled them with no apparent fear for their lives.

The citizenry was so outraged at the crime, perpetrated in their streets by two outlaw Americans, that they demanded  en masse that the constables be equipped with sidearms.  From that point forward, the police in Winnipeg were armed. 

The year:  100 years ago next month, in August, 1911.  The perps: My grandmother's brothers (my great-uncles.)  The point:  The more things change the more they stay the same.  Also: If we give up our guns, only the bad guys will have guns.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:16:44 AM by Montanabarb »

Yowbarb

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 07:21:13 AM »

Somewhere I heard a report may have been BBC will try to find the reference. He was shooting at the young people like fish in a barrel on and off taking his time for over one hour.
No doubt some sort of police or swat had guns but I think they were not right in that area...

You are right Barb.  I saw/heard that too, on some of the first broadcasts.  The Norwegian local police, who do not carry firearms, had to wait for the SWAT team, who do carry guns.

It would be interesting for people to study the firearms laws and policies in different countries around the world, mostly in western countries.  The ones I felt the most amazement toward, where the citizens lobbied for the law and walked into centers to willingly give up their arms to a crusher, were Australia, Canada and Great Britain. (I haven't studied whether local police carry weapons in those countries.)

While writing my third book, I came upon a story about two felons who broke out of jail in Iowa and fled by freight train over 800 miles into Canada, carrying two handguns each. They committed several burglaries in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and were intercepted by the constables, who carried only billy clubs (truncheons.)  Several of the policemen tried to arrest the pair, who opened fire with all four guns, shooting one young officer in the abdomen.  They then led the constables on a chase through the streets at a run, firing an estimated thirty five shots, and were finally aprehended by two civilians, who tackled them with no apparent fear for their lives.

The citizenry was so outraged at the crime, perpetrated in their streets by two outlaw Americans, that they demanded  en masse that the constables be equipped with sidearms.  From that point forward, the police in Winnipeg were armed. 

The year:  100 years ago next month, in August, 1911.  The perps: My grandmother's brothers (my great-uncles.)  The point:  The more things change the more they stay the same.  Also: If we give up our guns, only the bad guys will have guns.

Montanabarb, wow, interesting post, and thanks for sharing that story.     
I am totally against people having to give up their guns. I am in favor of better screening, in some situations, and I wouldn't mind certain types of assault ones off the streets - but in general if it were left to me, people would be allowed to carry concealed firearms. I do totally understand why individuals and nations are in favor of eliminating guns, but humanity is not ready for this yet. Bottom line I feel any accidental shooting or possible danger is outweighed by the individual's need to protect his/her self. With possible catastrophic earth changes right around the corner, and the inability of government to be there when this happens people will need to protect themselves.
What I do say on the record is, ideally - people should do this legally.
Also for the record - since it was brought up by a previous poster, I don't personally feel this is part of the "current Administration's" agenda now to take away guns.
- Yowbarb

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:42:02 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 07:23:29 AM »
And don't forget Mexico where guns are illegal, BUT, the badguys ALL have them !!!

Susan,
somehow that is always true.  Lo and behold, the bad guys do always have guns.
- YB

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 09:38:11 AM »
Unless our Constitution is overrode, it guarantees our right to bear arms. I may not believe in some politicians, but I do believe in our Constitution.    ed

Linda

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 04:33:07 PM »
With the attitudes of Americans at the moment I think trying to take away guns would result in an all out rebellion.

Lori

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 05:40:05 PM »
I see that happening if they try.  I live here in the South and guns are a life style here.  Many hunt  I know too that right now shootings in Atlanta are getting out of control.  And I'm afraid because of this it may trigger a push even here in GA for gun control.

bk

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 06:09:31 PM »
I agree if you say we can not have guns only the crooks will have them. Also with the way all of this is regulated now if you buy a gun you will be on the radar.

noproblemo2

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 06:13:59 PM »
I agree if you say we can not have guns only the crooks will have them. Also with the way all of this is regulated now if you buy a gun you will be on the radar.
From living in a country where guns are illegal I will be the first to say it is flat out WRONG, the good guys can't get them yet the bad guys do and the result is not good.

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW