Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Cold steel products.  (Read 3397 times)

Icon

Cold steel products.
« on: September 13, 2010, 11:46:04 PM »
I am a big fan of Cold Steel spears,,, and some of their tomahawks, such as the Trail Hawk. Great for self defense and chopping wood, spears and tomahawks needs to be a part of survival gear.
The tomahawks are great cause they can chop wood, and be carried under your belt as you make believe your a mountainman or trapper back in the early days.
I have a couple tomahawks that I had custom  made,, they are awesome, but coldsteel hawks are great even if they are a production item.

http://www.coldsteel.com/tomahawks.html

http://www.coldsteel.com/spear.html

8hertz

• Lifetime
  • Prolific Member
  • pax
Re: Cold steel products.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 08:19:25 AM »
I was looking into an axe like the tomahawks for breaking down walls and doors.  Even for cutting down small tree.  Those spear are also great idea.  Thank you for the link.

8hertz

friskyrobert

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 09:40:41 AM »
Good info Icon, I use an Eastwing Drywall Ax available at the building supply stores and cost about $26.
Handy for camping and drywalling of course.  For combat purposes I reccommend drilling a hole in the end of the handle and, install a lanyard wrist strap so, if it is knocked out of your hand you can recover it easily. Do you have any thoughts on that?

Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 09:24:10 PM »
I had a great fireman's hatchet for emergency use, but cut it down for other uses. It looked just like the fireman's ax you see them using, but it was about 1/3 the size. I'm trying to find another one, but they seem rather scarce at the moment.
A lanyard is great for small tomahawk size tools, their rather hard for an opponent to grab cause it's mostly an edge on the receiving end, but can be deflected by something and might be lost from your grip, so in that case, by all means.

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW